Rear windows, whirring but not opening

Choppa7

Reaction score
Both the rear windows in my W202 seem to have the same fault :confused:

When I press the switches (centre console or door, they both do the same) there is a whirring comes from the door motor, I assume, but the windows dont move at all.

I've tried a search but most results are due to motors not working, could the glass have come out of the guides or are the regulators known to fail after so long?

Cheers:cool:

Dec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
No Malcolm, send him your stuff as well, the more ammunition he has the better.

Dec

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
It looks very similar to the E class rear window mechanism.

Have a look in the DIY section, the pictures will give you some idea as I supsect that it will be very similar.

Actually - there's a W202 DIY in the bodywork section.

Last edited:
OP
C

Choppa7

Reaction score
Cool thanks fellas, dont worry about sending me too much info, the more the merrier is fnie by me!!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom