REASONS FOR RESET OF THE ECU. E 300 TD. 1997.

HERBIEMERCMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
97. E300.TD. 7 SEAT.ELEGANCE. EST.TOYOTA SUPRA MK4. RS. VAUX. CORSA.GLS AUTO. SPORT.
HELLO GUYS, I THINK VERY FEW MEMBERS WILL STILL HAVE A 1997 E300 TD WITH 280,000 ON THE CLOCK. MINE AFTER OWNING IT FROM NEW HAS STARTED ME HAVING TO RESET THE ECU FOLLOWING COMPLETE ENGINE CUT OUT. I WILL TAKE IT TO MY FRIENDS LOCAL GARAGE, (AN "INDE"), AND SEE WHAT THE ACTUAL FAULT CODES REVEAL, BUT IT WOULD BE NICE TO KNOW WHAT ANY MEMBERS HAVE EXPERIENCED WITH THIS SUBJECT? ANY HELP WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
It must be an electrical fault somewhere, or some very basic sensor. These are pretty robust and would theoretically run without ecu (and the right pump)

mattkh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 W168 1999 1.6
.............ME HAVING TO RESET THE ECU FOLLOWING COMPLETE ENGINE CUT OUT. ..... ANY HELP WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED.
I don't have an E 300TD
What was the reason for the complete engine cut out.
As Alex says, it looks electrical.
I suggest you start by cleaning and reseating all the ground earth connections you can get to.

OP
HERBIEMERCMAN

HERBIEMERCMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
97. E300.TD. 7 SEAT.ELEGANCE. EST.TOYOTA SUPRA MK4. RS. VAUX. CORSA.GLS AUTO. SPORT.
CHEERS MATT, I WILL LOOK INTO THAT.

OP
HERBIEMERCMAN

HERBIEMERCMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It must be an electrical fault somewhere, or some very basic sensor. These are pretty robust and would theoretically run without ecu (and the right pump)
HI ALEXANDER, I AM NOT SURE ABOUT THE CAR RUNNING WITHOUT THE ECU, BUT I AGREE WITH IT BEING IN THE "BALL PARK" OF A CERTAIN SENSOR.

OP
HERBIEMERCMAN

HERBIEMERCMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GOT IT SORTED NOW, IT WAS THE CRANKSHAFT POSITIONING SENSOR. £120. INC.V. THE ENGINE COMPLETELY CUT OUT THREE TIMES AND ON THE FIRST TWO IT WOULD START AFTER 45 MINS, COOLED DOWN A BIT, ON THE THIRD CUT OUT IT WOULD NOT START AFTER THE ENGINE HAD COOLED DOWN AFTER 2 HRS. THE FAULT CODES DID NOT SHOW WHAT THE FAULT WAS.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom