Recall - Inerter System Lines

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Had this recall today - only 30 minutes and doesn’t seem to tinker with anything important so I’ll get it booked in but haven’t heard anything about it before.

F525E1C3-73DA-4773-9032-D8A6D9A55652.jpeg

Tony Dyson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C 220 CDI W204 OM 651
I don't know why the automotive industry has to rename everything as though it has been a recent and unique development? for 'Inert System Lines' read Gas Fire Suppression Pipework, Inert Gas Fire Suppression systems have been used in many applications for a very long time. What I find strange is that MB have decided to use a flammable refrigerant which requires the installation of such an expensive safety feature when they could have simply designed around one of the many available inert refrigerant gases? I wonder if Ozone depletion and green issues are playing a bigger role here?

sailorjim

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB C200 EXECUTIVE ESTATE 2018
Yes, I had this today. "Inerter system lines" it talks about. (My spellcheck doesn't recognise the word but that's not unusual) This is the second recall since I had the car, why can't they get it right first time? Suppose I'd better get it done, for insurance reasons if nothing else. Just had a safety recall on wife' beamer, despite being 13 years old (car, not wife), I find that impressive customer care. Wonder if MB carries on that long.

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
I seem to recall that the change in A/C gas was pushed onto motor manufacturers (indeed all refrigeration manufacturers) by law and that MB resisted the move over to it for a long time citing a potential issue in collisions causing the gas to ignite.
You'll find that there are fewer manufacturers fitting fire suppression systems than using flammable gas in their cooling systems.

https://refrigeranthq.com/is-r-1234...onditioning system using R-744 Carbon Dioxide.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom