Recall - software update performed, EML on when collected

Rfc901

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ml350
I don't have the ad blue countdown, only thing I just got was a eml for nox sensor and I am on list for the recall so was wondering if the recalls sorted it

Davy russell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 blue efficency amg
Mercedes ayr wanting 150 to diagnose, not interested in customers, just out to fleece everyone. Refused to remove update also. Raking ti local garage because mercedes will never touch my car again.
Update , on plug in at local garage it flagged a blocked dpf , so took it a good 30 mile run and seems to be running fine , also just ran to arbroath and back , 250 mile , no issues. No eml coming back on . Also done the ecu reset with the gearbox accelerator and key which I found on YouTube. So far running good.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
as its all related - this might help people with AdBlue 2k bills

engineer at work had his EML on his Citroen C5 Tractor - goes to his usual indy who plays about and says I don't have the gear to get at all the fault codes - go get full diagnostic scan info from a main dealer and come back

gets the print out of what's wrong, with the great news its the AdBlue tank that needs complete replacement at circa £2500 (just like the early days of Merc's AdBlue fun), goes back to his indy who says, yes of course the "irreplaceable sensor" inside the AdBlue senor is now misreading due to a build up of crystals on the sensor

In other words the AdBlue tank's get gout !!!

rather fortunately inside the week back and forth between the main dealer and the indy, some sales rep had been to see the indy peddling his latest wears and potions - and low and behold this crystalising mess is hitting many tractors, and they have just launched with a new bottle of magic designed specifically to try cure the gout

have forgotten to see if it worked (but I'm guessing it ought to), and its no doubt why cheap skates that try to take short cuts and use nasty AdBlue have more fun than those that pay the main dealer to top it up....

Especially after they all kept this bit of news from us......LASTLY a highly important bit the world is stitching you up on - AdBlue MUST be kept in a dark container away from sun light - so those crooks at your local forecourt with all their rubbish in a translucent container baking in the sun light are ALL part of the scam !

Last edited:
Reactions: DSK

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
I have just seen this thread which rung a bell with me, but may or may not be connected.
I have booked the very first A service on my car for just over 2 weeks from now. I originally wanted it done on a Saturday morning which was fine until the person on the phone told me there was a software update needed on my car which could only be carried out Mon-Fri.
I asked if my car could not perform this update over the air like it has done a few times since purchase, but was told no it has to be done at the dealer.
By coincidence only yesterday my car installed an update to the MBUX software, so I wonder what this dealer only update is.
I will be asking when I take my car in.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
remote in car entertainment updates are now becoming common place - there isn't any safety or the other big risks, like the car not starting of stopping when they update the head unit to ensure they can hack your bank details more easily - we can pretend they do security updates and bug fixes on in car entertainment systems to make such risks less likely - but its 2022 and the former benefits are more advantageous these days

but for other emission and or safety related software updates they do not like to disclose info about why they are doing it - and as its are far more critical they get installed correctly, they only do it with sufficient voltage and with an online handshake back to home using dealer kit

Timeandleisure

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2003 R230, E400d 4MATIC Coupe 2021
as its all related - this might help people with AdBlue 2k bills

engineer at work had his EML on his Citroen C5 Tractor - goes to his usual indy who plays about and says I don't have the gear to get at all the fault codes - go get full diagnostic scan info from a main dealer and come back

gets the print out of what's wrong, with the great news its the AdBlue tank that needs complete replacement at circa £2500 (just like the early days of Merc's AdBlue fun), goes back to his indy who says, yes of course the "irreplaceable sensor" inside the AdBlue senor is now misreading due to a build up of crystals on the sensor

In other words the AdBlue tank's get gout !!!

rather fortunately inside the week back and forth between the main dealer and the indy, some sales rep had been to see the indy peddling his latest wears and potions - and low and behold this crystalising mess is hitting many tractors, and they have just launched with a new bottle of magic designed specifically to try cure the gout

have forgotten to see if it worked (but I'm guessing it ought to), and its no doubt why cheap skates that try to take short cuts and use nasty AdBlue have more fun than those that pay the main dealer to top it up....

Especially after they all kept this bit of news from us......LASTLY a highly important bit the world is stitching you up on - AdBlue MUST be kept in a dark container away from sun light - so those crooks at your local forecourt with all their rubbish in a translucent container baking in the sun light are ALL part of the scam !
Great advice! As an unexpected owner of an adblue car, can I infer then that if the car has only ever been topped up by MB, then an additive may not be necessary?

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Great advice! As an unexpected owner of an adblue car, can I infer then that if the car has only ever been topped up by MB, then an additive may not be necessary?
so is that Adblue made specifically by Mercedes? ;)
My Adblue has come from Costco & my car hasn't seen the inside of a MB dealer for the past 3+ years and 30odd thousand miles and no other additive used

(goes away to touch copious amounts of wood! :eek:)

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Wkers. But no surprise. There shud be a recall for this.

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
Sa
so is that Adblue made specifically by Mercedes? ;)
My Adblue has come from Costco & my car hasn't seen the inside of a MB dealer for the past 3+ years and 30odd thousand miles and no other additive used

(goes away to touch copious amounts of wood! :eek:)
Same as mine, first my nox sensor went at 35,000, then the adblue at 38,000. Don't shoot the messenger, but adblue systems are extremely fragile and not fit for purpose.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom