Recently Remapped my W210 E320 + how to.

Smaltze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 S210 2002
Hello all, just thought i would post to recommend a company i used for my remap!

I have a W210 E320 2002 CDI.
I used a KWP2000+ Reader and software, and had my file remapped by www.mychiptuningfiles.com.

It was extremely easy and hassle free, my car is a rocket ship now, would highly recommend! MPG hasnt been effected, infact i think it has improved certainly for urban driving! The car seemed to run and idle noticeably smoother too instantly.

The remap process:

Bought a used KWP2000+ reader from ebay for £25. Came with the appropriate wires. It also came with the software, but you can download the software online easily enough.
***** The software only works on a pre windows 7 computer! i had to use an old windows vista laptop, although i am told it also works on windows 7 32 Bit, but not 64. *****

Connect your battery to a 12v charger, as the fans etc start running as soon and you initiate the ECU flash, and if it drops it can screw it - very bad!

Make sure you laptop/computer is plugged in and not going to die anytime soon, again this could be fatal.

Install KWP2000+ software and plug in the KWP2000+ reader to your car via the OB2 socket or round 38 pin socket in the engine bay (i used that one).
Connect it to your laptop via USB.

Switch the ignition to ON (the one before it fires the engine).

Open up the appropriate option for your car in the software.
Read the cars current file and save it somewhere safe as a backup.

This file can then be sent of to your chosen remaping site, there are a few. I used www.mychiptuningfiles.com and i can highly recommend them! They answered my queries quickly and accurately. They also gave me 2 for 1 credits on my first purchase, which meant i was immeditately able to get a stage 2 remap for the price of stage 1!. I sent my file of and recieved it back in an hour. Cost £75 including VAT.

Plug everything back into the car, load the file into KWP2000+ software and write it.

Car started with no hitches and with a test drive i instantly noticed the difference. Rapid torque on kickdowns, great overtaking power. Some vague 0-60 mph tests seemed to show an improvement of about half a second or more atleast! Allround massive difference.

Total cost £100

Good luck all and happy modding :)

jeremygee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w210 estate 320 cdi
what would you charge me to come to hemel Hempstead and do this to my car ?

AngryDog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E55 AMG
You were brave using a KWP2000+ Clone tool! I have a £3k piece of kit that I use for ECU reflashing and even then there are more expensive units out there.

Top Bottom