Recommended roadside assistance

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
I have european cover with my Nationwide bank account. As it's a joint acount, it covers me and the wife, whatever car we happen to be in (covers the person, not the car). I've only had to use them once when the electronic parking brake on a Passat died on the drive and they used a local breakdown service. They arrived with 30 minutes and took me to the garage of my choice; no complaints at all.

It works out at £156/year but also provides insurance for all four of our smartphones (replaced a brand new Iphone 7 that the lad dropped within 48hrs for £50 excess) and worldwide travel insurance (covers my pre-existing conditions at no extra cost, but never had cause to use it).
I claimed on Nationwide travel & medical cover 2 years ago, in Dubai on our way to Vietnam. My wife fractured her patella, so we had to return home. I claimed £12K which they paid, except for the £50 excess on both medical & travel cover. Very pleased with the service.

Andy.M

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 GLA250 Premium Plus, Night, AMG Exclusive Leather, Driving Assistance Packs COMAND DAB HK Audio
I've been with the AA since 1958 and although not the cheapest I can't fault their service. A couple of years ago the price got ridiculous but I had a word or two and got quite a substantial reduction. I have used them a fair few times over the years and think I have had value for money.
You have to haggle every year with the AA. Go online to see what the websites "new" customer price is and tell them thats what you want to pay and they do it, every year. The renewal is always much higher!

Reaction score
Twixt Huddersfield, Wakefield and Barnsley
Your Mercedes
E270 CDI, 211.016, 2002, OM647 Auto
Another vote for Start Rescue. We've been with them for 3 years and called them out 3 times. They've been reliable and helpful so far. For a blown tyre on the Merc the recovery guy carted the car around the local garages looking for one that had a tyre to fit.

forrester

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 E 320 petrol
I have just taken out B/D cover with Eversure, who use National B/D.
The car is an 03 E320 & is covered for all benefits inc. European cover, for a cost of £114.
This was cheaper than any quotes on the comparison sites.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom