REDEX FUEL ADDITIVE AFFECT ON SEALS. ?

HERBIEMERCMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
97. E300.TD. 7 SEAT.ELEGANCE. EST.TOYOTA SUPRA MK4. RS. VAUX. CORSA.GLS AUTO. SPORT.
Been adding the reccomended amount of "redex" fuel cleaner and enhancer, petroleum naphtha and cetane, each fill up, circa 250ml in my 80 litre tank.

Been doing this for the last 10,000 miles apart from some fill ups where i have not added it to observe the fall off in MPG, circa 4 MPG.

According to the manufacturer the product is ok for regular use, sort of gentle cleaning charachteristics unlike the harsh cleaners like "millers" and "wynns" etc.

So is there any experience out there where other members have used this, and is there any opinions on the adverse effect on the "O"-ring seals etc. ?

I am asking this as i think i have started sucking air despite having replaced all seals in the system and fuel injector pump 2 yrs ago. Any comments will be appreciated. herbiemercman.
http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=23215&stc=1&d=1372655946

Attachments

• REDEX.FUEL ADDITIVE..jpg
    REDEX.FUEL ADDITIVE..jpg
    479.3 KB · Views: 53

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
Never had any problems in the past with Redex. I've never tried the green diesel variant so can't really comment.

macker64

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1997 W210 300 Td & 1991 W124 300CE 24V & 2001 W210 320CDI & W210 E200 1992 W124 300ce 24v sportline
Have been using the following fuel additive for 10 plus years now and it does exactly what it says on the tin!!

http://www.dipetane.ie/

Regards, :D

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Another good one is the Millars plus, it has a very good name in the trade, not only does it clean, it also raises the cetane levels of the fuel

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I have some REDEX courtesy of a Costco offer, I can't really say wether it works well as I have not been consistent in its use.
I did notice that when I swapped my Glowplugs they came out clean though.
I have no seal leaks.

OP
HERBIEMERCMAN

HERBIEMERCMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
97. E300.TD. 7 SEAT.ELEGANCE. EST.TOYOTA SUPRA MK4. RS. VAUX. CORSA.GLS AUTO. SPORT.
hello fellow members, thankyou for your comments, i figured out that one thing that would suffer with continued use of the redex would be the cartirge filter element, i have not changed it for 7 yrs and some 70,000 miles, so i changed it this week and the "sucking air" problem is resolved. if the pressure drop across the element gets quite high then the negative suction pressure increases on the fuel delivery side and the "o-ring" in the worst state of condition will allow air to be sucked into the system. hope this information helps other members as it's a simple thing and applies to all models. herbiemercman.

Last edited:

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom