Reduce Oil Level Alert On Motorway

Merlin451

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class Estate/04/2.1CDi
My 2005 W203 2.1cdi is showing the reduce oil level alert at motorway speeds. If I slow down the alert disappears. The electronic static oil check says oil level Ok. I have bought a dipstick on eBay but it is calibrated in mm’s. The cold engine oil level on the stick is 20mm. Does anyone know if this level is correct?
Really hoping someone can help with this.
Merlin451

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
at high revs a lot of air and crank movement will tend to chuck the oil around.

I guess whatever see's the oil level might detect this if its slightly overfilled, and or something clever on the engine breather will notice its trying harder.

Often 1 ltr too much isn't a big issue till the revs pick up... worse case you could do serious damage to engine components as liquids aren't compressible and under the right circumstances very powerful, (ask a river why it there). Safest option would be to drain it out and refill with manu reco quantity, if this doesn't take your fancy or not possible at the moment, keep the revs under 2500rpm

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
at high revs a lot of air and crank movement will tend to chuck the oil around.

I guess whatever see's the oil level might detect this if its slightly overfilled, and or something clever on the engine breather will notice its trying harder.

Often 1 ltr too much isn't a big issue till the revs pick up... worse case you could do serious damage to engine components as liquids aren't compressible and under the right circumstances very powerful, (ask a river why it there). Safest option would be to drain it out and refill with manu reco quantity, if this doesn't take your fancy or not possible at the moment, keep the revs under 2500rpm

Omegas never had these problems did they Botus ;)

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
My 2005 W203 2.1cdi is showing the reduce oil level alert at motorway speeds. If I slow down the alert disappears. The electronic static oil check says oil level Ok. I have bought a dipstick on eBay but it is calibrated in mm’s. The cold engine oil level on the stick is 20mm. Does anyone know if this level is correct?
Really hoping someone can help with this.
Merlin451

i have occasionally had that and go into limp mode with my clk320 w208 on fast twist roads like approach to mont blonc tunnel . i had to stop and restart then issue went away till next time, solution was to lower the oil level just a bit ,never seen since. i think hot oil ,high rpm and fast cornering (relatively ) and oil level a few mm over was the issue.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom