Remapping Advice !

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Why did you start 2 threads on a subject that has the biggest thread on the forum..... are you dim ?? ........... or just a troll ???

We stand more chance of getting that 15% with more threads

bubba2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ml 270
Hello everybody, I'm very new to this I've just entered the world of Mercedes since many years of owning Audis. I've read most of the posts on remapping I'm interested in remapping my Ml 270 auto, but worried about what is said on here, any help and clarification would be truly appreciated thank you for time

psmart

Reaction score

h9llw

Reaction score
I had my c200 cdi mapped 12 months ago.I can still say its best money i,ve spent.Far better to drive,more torque,better autobox behaviour,same mpg as before.Would do it again without a thought! live a little!!:D

DSB SL AMG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300SL (R129 1992 Pre-Facelift), Volvo V70 D5 SE Auto
well....i had a Beamer 530D chipped last year...now this car had 150k on it...but it did improve torque and MPG however the auto box started to slip after 3k miles...i would recommend remaps for newer cars but would be wary on cars that have done lots of miles due to addtional pressure on boxes etc...

Remember OEM conduct extensive R&D testing at production spec... going outside these boundaries may result in premature componant failure....

claicerrig

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220Cdi - ML 320 - CCM 644 Ds Motobike
I have a C220 cdi 6sp Manual and have had that mapped 3yrs ago @ 125K .
It took the car from a nice drive that lacked (flat even) a bit of Mid-Range and turned it into a great car :)

The car has now done over 175k and the only thing`s i have had to change is the Inter cooler at about 145k and the HP fuel pump seals & end-cap @160k and reading up on here these faults seem common to unchipped cars also so i wouldnt blame the chip for there failures

We did notice on long M-way journeys a definite improvement on the mpg averaging about 7 mpg more than before the chip .Which to me was a big bonus as i chipped it to improve the drivability not economy

Clai`s 2p worth on the subject

psmart

Reaction score
I have a C220 cdi 6sp Manual and have had that mapped 3yrs ago @ 125K .
It took the car from a nice drive that lacked (flat even) a bit of Mid-Range and turned it into a great car :)

The car has now done over 175k and the only thing`s i have had to change is the Inter cooler at about 145k and the HP fuel pump seals & end-cap @160k and reading up on here these faults seem common to unchipped cars also so i wouldnt blame the chip for there failures

We did notice on long M-way journeys a definite improvement on the mpg averaging about 7 mpg more than before the chip .Which to me was a big bonus as i chipped it to improve the drivability not economy

Clai`s 2p worth on the subject
Now that is good news, to me at least. My car, same as yours but with the Sequentronic clutch, has only done 50K and I do want to fish'n'chip it, so looking at options.

Steve... do you do the ST3 module?

David-Butter

Reaction score
Website
www.sntuning.com
Your Mercedes
mercedes CLS 320CDI , landrover discovery 3.0 twin turbo and Ferrari F430 Scud
ive been toying with the idea of the ST3 unit but in not sure it will get used, i belive the unit is just a unit to allow the switching of a remap of course you would need the software (remap) to be loaded to the unit or at lease i think this is the case ? someone may be able to point you in the right direction

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom