Remapping Advice !

colonel

Reaction score
Okay, now that my C220 CDI Manual is back on track, I was given a brochure today for Evolution Chips for their remapping service.

I have done some research on this as the views are divided depending on model and age of car etc...

My car is 6-speed manual with 128k on the clock. Very good condition and the engine runs like a dream.

I was quoted £357 for remap. Is this worth doing ? I am looking more for the fuel consumption benefit rather than the bhp increase but are the following figures quoted considered realistic and worth the money ?

Mercedes C 220 (203)
Model Year: 2000 - 2004
Engine Type: Diesel-Turbo
Engine Size: 2.2L CDi (E3) 141 BHP Model
BHP Increase: 30
Torque Increase (NM): 55

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Excellent!

You have come to the right place to get this answered :)

WN pulls up a chair....
eatpopcorn.gif

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Oh no!!

You have only gone and said it!!!

Worms, large can of!!!!!

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
It might be worth looking at a recent discussion on this - you won't get a conclusive universal response on here.

Well, perhaps it would be fair to say that you will get conclusive responses here, but they will all differ!

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Well if that dont scare colonel off, nothing will!!!!!

psmart

Reaction score
Dont do it!

Manual gearboxes from what Ive read and from decisions Mercedes have made tend to indicate that the box wont stand it! Reason I wont chip my C220 Sequentronic (automated manual), and I would love to!!!

Simple fact to bear in mind is that Mercedes de-tuned the 270 engine to 220 torque levels on the ML270 manual! Says it all really.

If someone offers a re-map without torque increase and better economy, I'll go for it.... until then I'll just drive with my cable loose :rolleyes:

OP
C

colonel

Reaction score
Simple fact to bear in mind is that Mercedes de-tuned the 270 engine to 220 torque levels on the ML270 manual! Says it all really.

Hmmm...interesting.

I have done a lot of reading on this forum regarding remapping and it would seem that there are pros/cons for every model.

PS. Just tried a poll thread with multiple questions are failed....think settings are set to 1 question ;(

OP
C

colonel

Reaction score
The benefits/gains provided by Evolution Chips must be founded on something....but at what cost to other components/parts !

I may contact them and see what their response is....

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
The benefits/gains provided by Evolution Chips must be founded on something....but at what cost to other components/parts !

I may contact them and see what their response is....

They all tell you the same story, try as many tuners as you can, all their FAQ & info pages appear to be cut & pasted from each others sites. Occasional one of them will give you an unbiased opinion, but not very often.
My own personal opinion of any warranties they offer is that they are mostly worthless and none off them have never paid out. The extra power does sound good although your insurance company may not want to know you anymore. I don't think I missed anything out?

Russ

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
Why did you start 2 threads on a subject that has the biggest thread on the forum..... are you dim ?? ........... or just a troll ???

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom