Remapping the E63 at MSL

DRIILLA

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E63 W212 Facelift Mercedes C220 Amg sport Plus (W204), Mercedes C200 Kompressor W203 (2002)
How much are we looking at for a map like this ?

DRIILLA

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E63 W212 Facelift Mercedes C220 Amg sport Plus (W204), Mercedes C200 Kompressor W203 (2002)
You won't regret it. It's like another step up in a different car.
Use MSL Performance Birmingham. They have so much experience remapping this engine.
Yeah the only people that would be touching the car

Maxtay96

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E63 AMG 2014
I finally got the E63 to MSL today for a Stage 1 remap, dyno and resonator removal at Torqueflow.

Arrived a little early at 8 15am in Birmingham after a longish run up from Poole, Dorset. Quite pleased with the mpg seeing I wasn't hanging around and had a clear run without traffic.
View attachment 53996

Acid was there and put the car straight on the dyno to get an idea of the stock figure and condition of the engine. It was serviced in Sept and apparently needs a drop of oil soon. I'll keep an eye on the level as I hear some of these M157 Biturbo engines do use some oil between services.
An MSL photo of the car on the dyno, unfortunately covered in road grime after the run up in the rain. It was spotless when I left! View attachment 53999

After the first run, it was shown the engine is making over the claimed figure of 557bhp as it came up at 490bhp at the wheels which equates to 572 bhp at the flywheel, the figure most use when relating the cars bhp. Torque too was strong at 503 ft lbs which again is 593ft ft lbs at the flywheel.
After cooling down, the map was put on and the first run gave a strong figure of 565bhp at the wheels, or 666bhp at the flywheel. The torque increased to 657 ft lbs which is 775 ft lbs at the flywheel.
Acid explained he would prefer to leave the map running this amount of bhp to conserve the longevity of the engine. If I wanted 700bhp, he would give it, but I thought 666bhp is more than adequate. I'm not chasing huge figures or tracking the car, just giving back some of the power held back by Mercedes. The speed limiter was also lifted should I fancy a fast run on an autobahn.

A photo of the Power runs on the dyno. Multiply all the figures by 1.18 to cancel the powertrain loss and the figure the engine is producing. The figure in Red is the pre map figure, the blue one mapped. View attachment 53997

The car was handed over to Imran who was removing the resonator to increase that nice V8 sound, especially the cold start. All finished by 1 30pm with break for a chicken dinner (thanks Acid)
Here is the man at work.
View attachment 53998

Was it worth it? Damn right it was. Its a lot quicker off the line and the power from 50mph + is incredible. Its a real licence loser if you aren't careful.
As for the exhaust, love it. But my next door neighbour is going to hate me. I'd say its 50% louder, and you can't help grinning at the downshifts when braking in Sport +

It does need a slip diff to put the power down, and despite having 19" rims, the gap in the arch is too big, so it needs H&R lowering springs and rear links. Then its finished. I won't be doing anything else but enjoy driving it.
Would you say having the remap and res delete gave the car more of a pop when shifting gears?

OP
AMGeed

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
^ Yes, much more. The downshifts especially are more vocal too. A well worthwhile modification for the money IMO.

Top Bottom