Remote only works an inch away

rhisgen

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML320/2009/bluetec
I have a 2009 ML320 key fobs - 2 of them now only work close to the driver door. Radio reception has been notable lower on weaker stations. Does that rear fuse 8 apply to my ML320 ? I did put in new batteries in one fob .. no difference. Radio got weaker around Christmas, fobs got weaker 3rd weak in Jan

Mr Greedy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350/2011/OM642 265bhp
I had a 2004 C class, to which this original thread applies. As suggested in some of the earlier posts, for me it was de-bonding of the radio and long range locking aerials, that are supposed to be bonded to the glass. If I looked at the rear screen from the outside, you could see that it wasn't just heater element, but also elements that tracked along the glass differently and they supplied the aerials for locking and radio.

In the end, I stripped off the boot door trim to reveal the connection blocks, and was able to rig some packing to push the connector blocks/strips tighter up against the glass. I did this with the radio on with a weak station, and signal was immedialty improved. Central locking function also immediately restored.

The 'correct' fix is replacement of the rear screen.

I don't know if this applies to the ML.

As for the fuses, just look/find the fuses layout for your ML and find the central locking fuse, and pull and replace it with a known good fuse. You can just swap it with an identical rates fuse from fuse panel as a test, and if central locking now works and the other system doesn't, you know if was the fuse.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom