Remote parking, does anyone actually use this ?

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
The only practical value of remote parking would be fitting a large car into a modern (small) garage. Until now we've needed room to open the door and limbo dance out. I can't think of any other benefit.
That would do it for me!

ShaunB

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 Designo Hyacinth E63
i just saw your photo of the e63, you lucky bastard, i'd love one of them, good luck with getting this working, i'm happy to help (and test drive your car some day :p)

Its working again now. :D
I'd been on contact with Mercedes support, they'd been suggesting things - which didn't work.
They asked me to try a different Android phone which isn't possible.
So, I tired my wife's iPhone yesterday - worked first time.
I left it connected and then thought I'll try mine again - bingo, its working again.
I checked the remote parking app, and noticed it got updated on April 29th.

I updated Mercedes support this morning to say that its working again, and explained my attempt with the iPhone etc.
I notice now on the app update details that it specifically mentions Samsung phones with Android 8 will still be a problem.

ShaunB

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The only practical value of remote parking would be fitting a large car into a modern (small) garage. Until now we've needed room to open the door and limbo dance out. I can't think of any other benefit.

When some inconsiderate bastard parks too close to you, which happens quite often in my experience, especially with the width of the E63 and parking spaces which do not seem to be accommodating to the width of modern large vehicles.

charleslamb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S
I had remote parking working on my E63S. Now with the new Mercedes Me app it says my car doesnt have it. What am I missing here? UK based.

ShaunB

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I had remote parking working on my E63S. Now with the new Mercedes Me app it says my car doesnt have it. What am I missing here? UK based.
You have the remote parking app installed?

charleslamb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S
Yes, but yesterday I noticed a second parking app was installed. It seems my E63S only works with the older version of the parking app. No idea why they didn't make the new version backwards compatible, but either way problem resolved thanks.

ShaunB

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
See that there now on the play store, Remote Parking and then Mercedes me Remote Parking.
Its the Remote Parking app which I have myself, and I see this other one was only released 25/01/2021

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom