Remoto Control locking not working

eric-so

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class/2001/A160
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help.

I used my A-160 (year 2001) two days ago and everything worked fine. Today as I wanted to go out, and found both of my keys couldn't unlock the car doors even I changed new batteries.

Although I could open the doors manually, I knew that the alarm will go off if the doors were previously locked remotely. So I'm stuck here, on Sunday, with no garage to call.

I appreciate it if anyone can give me some advise.

Eric

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Could the car battery be flat, unlock with the key and see if the car will start or see if the lights work

Mark@RMK

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.replacementmercedeskeys.co.uk
Your Mercedes
115CDi Vito
It should still start without the alarm being turned off...

It could be a sign of the RF module which is also the DAS module starting to go down, or just the aerial. Does your key work if you press it into your phone camera, or digital camera?

OP
E

eric-so

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class/2001/A160
Thank you both. It was the flat batteries!!
I opened the door manually. The alarm didn't go off. The engine couldn't be switched on. I got help from a garage and now I can run the car again.

Second problem, there is a wave of electricity sound incurred when I turn the gear D (or R) and press the gas pedal and go. Plus, the windows don't function normally, like, the control buttons can sometime open the windows, but sometime not. Are those the symptons after flat batteries, or the signal for bigger hidden problem?

Thanks.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
After the battery being flat you need to reset them.

With the key turned to 2 ignition on or have the car running, close the window and hold the switch in the up mode for 5 seconds, do this with all and the roof if fitted

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom