removal of nearside front doorcard,1990/420

S

smarty

im having a devil of a job removing the doorcard on my 420sel, nearside/front,
i think we've established that the motor for the electric window has probably jammed, this is part two of the thread i posted about ten days ago, (just got round to it) ive released the internal door handle, ive removed the chrome locking plate, but the card doesn't seem to want to move, ive prised it away as much as i dare but it doesn't seem to want to budge, any ideas chaps.

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
I must admit that I don't know about your vehicle, but it may be similar to a W210 in some ways. Have a look at the electric window regulator replacement thread in the DIY section as it will give you some ideas.
(Summary - screw behind pop out under door card handle, screw behind door open lever panel, screw near door lock plate, poppers around sides and rim, clips holding a vertical edge near window, then pull up and away from door, removing connections for door based switch gear and lights).

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I have the details of the front and rear doors for a 140 that I can send

OP
S

smarty

hello Malcolm, i should have had this done by now, sorry been busy! you sent me details for the rear door and it was helpfull but obviously quite different, but it put me on the right road, but it doesnt seem to want to move and i dont want to force it, if you would be so kind as to send me the front door details i would be gratefull, when i get in there be assured i will most definately hit with that mallet you like so much

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I will sort it now

OP
S

smarty

hi Chris, thanks for the advice mate between us all we will succeed, otherwise ill take that mallet to the car!

OP
S

smarty

what Not with the mallet, just joking" thanks Malcolm

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have printed it off,,it the Email address bit again

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
OP
S

smarty

thank you very much Malcolm, im going to have a look at another couple of threads and then ill print it off, cheers.

Top Bottom