remove complete doors airbags

Petemac

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
merc c250TD 99/2000 150000MILES ON CLOCK GREAT CAR
do i disconnect power at battery both cables to remove doors as they are fitted with airbags and do i leave them for a while after removing positive and the negative cables off battery if there is a time span what is it advise please peter

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
If you are only removing the door liners, just leave the car switched off for 15mins, you do not have to disconnect any batteries

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If you are removing the complete door, just in case I read this wrong, then it is not a good idea to disconnecting anything while still live, and the neg battery lead of the safe way

OP
P

Petemac

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
hello malcolm i am removing doors at the hinges 4bolts to fix sand down and repaint the complete bottom of all doors as there at the stage of needing done a little paint blistering so you are saying jest remove the earth is that right

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
If you disconnect one leg of the battery, make sure it is the negative but I would just disconnect both, to be honest, you could leave the battery connected, but if you do and turn the ignition on you will put the SRS light on which will need to be turned off by STAR. But do make sure you can open the boot with the battery disconnected as the boot locks on these cars are very common to sieze.
You are aware that the door looms plug into multi plugs in the footwells, adjacent to these connectors you will also find the central locking pipe for the door with a connector which will need to be disconnected. You could remove the door from the car leaving the interior door card on the door if required.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
My reason for saying disconnect the battery is not just for the SRS, the door controllers can be live when the door is open,,and it is not a good idea to disconnect them while live, you will also be pulling live wires through small holes

OP
P

Petemac

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
thanks to you all for your help will do 1door tomorrow anything to get out of xmas ****** shopping hope the wife does not read this hoooo hooo hoooo

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
thanks to you all for your help will do 1door tomorrow anything to get out of xmas ****** shopping hope the wife does not read this hoooo hooo hoooo

We do not do Christmas shopping in our house:D:D

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom