1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

removing doors completely

Discussion in 'Bodywork, Tyres, Wheels & Trim' started by Petemac, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Petemac

Petemac Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    merc c250TD 99/2000 150000MILES ON CLOCK GREAT CAR
    i would like to remove all my doors completely will i disconnect battery and wait as i have air bag sensors fitted c250TD 1999

2. bigasotonuk

bigasotonuk Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
    Hi,
    It is always a good idea to disconnect the battery when dealing with car electrics, and if you were to remove the doors and disconnect the door electrics, having the battery disconnected would stop you accidently turning the ignition on whilst the airbags in the front doors were disconnected as this would then put the SRS light on, which would then have to be turned of with STAR or a compatible code reader.
    The best method of disconnecting the front door electrics is by unplugging the two or three multi plugs that can be found in the cable trough in the front footwells, rather than disconnecting the loom from the door and pulling it through the door into the car.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  3. OP
    Petemac

Petemac Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    merc c250TD 99/2000 150000MILES ON CLOCK GREAT CAR
    thanks for quick reply i will take remove battery completely from car cheers

4. bigtwin

bigtwin Banned

This is bold. Especially in winter. Think carefully, you may miss them, and fuel efficiency my suffer.