television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I have the switch and should be able to do over the week end :D:D

hannay

Reaction score
A relief to know it hadn't come loose or been lost somehow.

I'd felt that was the safest way to avoid loss, didn't want it rattling around in the PCB-section either, but sometimes things still end up going sideways despite one's best efforts. Glad that wasn't the case on this occasion after all.

Thank you.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A relief to know it hadn't come loose or been lost somehow.

I'd felt that was the safest way to avoid loss, didn't want it rattling around in the PCB-section either, but sometimes things still end up going sideways despite one's best efforts. Glad that wasn't the case on this occasion after all.

Thank you.

Sorry for the delay but I have managed to fix your first key and It will go in the post shortly

hannay

Reaction score
Just returned from an extended weekend break visiting family, so only-now found this .... and thank you Malcolm, super news!

I have also found your email, to which I had replied before seeing this so you have a message waiting in reply if you haven't already found it.

Kind Regards

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have not been able to get out so far this week, but it will go out in the morning for next day delivery

mandrake

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1996 c250 d
mentioned in another post that i was having some bother with my key fob 96 w202 single button . intermitent failing to open /close car usual thing .so today it gave up the ghost fully , so i stripped the thing down and have found the led ,the one that flashes blue in the camera has detached from the circuit board at some time and it looks as if a former owner has tried to solder the contacts from the led and the circuit board back together not too well and then procede to i think put a spot of glue you know the type that sort that only sticks fingers together where the repair has been made anyway i have a couple of spare keys ,from the scrap yard that work ,not in my car but all lights flash ie red you can see and the blue you cannot unless it with a camera can the faulty led in mine be replaced with one from the scrap keys i have managed to clean the circuit board up . if not i am going to have to find some way of reatatching the orig led to the board , (it still works if fiddled about with ,but the legs are on the led are broken whare they fit into the board)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If you get stuck,,let me know

mandrake

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1996 c250 d
cheers thanks i am going to a friends house tommorow so he can wave a solderig iron at it hopefully he will be able to resolder it together, i can weld mig. tig. gas. and stick. but for some unknown reason i cannot solder to save my life .will let you know how i go on .

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
cheers thanks i am going to a friends house tommorow so he can wave a solderig iron at it hopefully he will be able to resolder it together, i can weld mig. tig. gas. and stick. but for some unknown reason i cannot solder to save my life .will let you know how i go on .

And I can solder anything, but cannot do all the welding etc:confused:

mandrake

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1996 c250 d
job done and all working fine now ,thanks for the offer of help ,its nice to know that a forum like this has so many willing to help . it was just a matter of cleaning off the glue from the circuit board and resoldering the signal emmiting diode back on the board . straightforward but fiddly

ricklthompson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320
w202 Keyfob Synchronising problem

Hi, I'm having trouble Syncing a key fob that is not the original one that came with the W202 Mercedes c180 car, The keyfob led does flash. I have tried your instructions on Synchronising lock system, but it does not appear to work. any Ideas?? Can a different keyfob to the original supplied be synchronised with the cars system?

any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Richard

ricklthompson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320
help with Synchronising a keyfob

Hi, I'm having trouble Syncing a key fob that is not the original one that came with the W202 Mercedes c180 car, The keyfob led does flash. I have tried your instructions on Synchronising lock system, but it does not appear to work. any Ideas?? Can a different keyfob to the original supplied with the car be synchronised with the cars system?

any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Richard

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Nope, you cannot get a key from another car to work with your car, they are coded from the factory

Biggles 266

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S280/1996/2.8
My dad has a 1996 S280. It's a one button remote and it's previously had a broken switch resoldered back on. Fob stopped working again so I took a look at it and the switch has broken again.

Problem this time is the mating points for the legs of the switch have detached from the rest of the trace. So that's the PCB toast.

Now, I know that used fobs off of ebay cannot be reprogrammed. But on the guts of the fob there is an EEPROM chip with 8 pins on the other side of the PCB from the switch, with a number of 93C46 I/SN on it. I reckon the transponder codes for the immobiliser are stored in the EEPROM. If I got a fob off ebay, do you reckon I could desolder the EEPROM from my dad's gubbed fob and solder it on to the new one? Anyone ever tried something like that?

mandrake

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1996 c250 d
if you have another key fob ,then i would expect any other part exept the coded chip to be trasferable a switch is a switch after all, another fob is good for spares .

noodlz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c240 sport auto
key fob

can you just buy a new case for the key

steve kane

Reaction score
My dad has a 1996 S280. It's a one button remote and it's previously had a broken switch resoldered back on. Fob stopped working again so I took a look at it and the switch has broken again.

Problem this time is the mating points for the legs of the switch have detached from the rest of the trace. So that's the PCB toast.

Now, I know that used fobs off of ebay cannot be reprogrammed. But on the guts of the fob there is an EEPROM chip with 8 pins on the other side of the PCB from the switch, with a number of 93C46 I/SN on it. I reckon the transponder codes for the immobiliser are stored in the EEPROM. If I got a fob off ebay, do you reckon I could desolder the EEPROM from my dad's gubbed fob and solder it on to the new one? Anyone ever tried something like that?

I think thats well worth trying, as you say its likely to be the chip that has the stored information, my one word of caution would be, are you skilled enough with a tiny soldering iron to do the job? I say this after "having a go" at replaceing a battery in my wifes Ipod, 3 hair like wires which passed through holes in the circuit board and were then soldered with "pin head" sized spots of solder, proved to be a real bugger to remove and when I had finally managed to resolder the new battery I found one stereo channel not working, I guess where I had fried some componant, so unless you are used to working with micro circuitry them you might be better off getting someone else to actually do the job for you.
Good luck and do let us know how you get on,
Steve.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom