Replacement key fob

shazsaf

Reaction score
Hi don't know if anybody can help me? I have a clk and only one remote key fob, however my key fob is very tatty and tempremental at times. Does anybody know where I can get a replacement fob, at a reasonable price without paying the extortionate prices that mercedes dealerships sell them at?

Regards

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
If the key has a poor case,buy one from Ebay and change the case over

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
The only solution for a spare key is MB, circa £200+ £15ish for the metal blade.
You could buy a key off of E-bay and transplant the internals, but make sure it is the same pattern as your own otherwise they may not fit.

OP
S

shazsaf

Reaction score
Hi thanks for your responses, yes it's the buttons on the case that are tatty. Is it easy to transfer all the internal components over?

Regards

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Need a picture of the key to be able to say

esterill

Reaction score
I did this recently. In my case it is the all plastic key fob with 2 buttons (3 on saloons), the IR window at the end and a separate key 'blade' which is released using a small catch.

The problem with mone was that the 'blade' was not held firmly into the body. As it this which you use to place the key on a keyring, this was a key waiting to be lost.

I bought a replacement off ebay and swapped the insides. I didn't need to change the electronics and I didn't need to get an exact match of the number of buttons but I could've done so. I changed the battery carrier and blade lock mechanism.

OP
S

shazsaf

Reaction score
Hi thanks for that mines a 3 button one and I think the same as yours as the metal key is the holder. I have seen brand new ones on eBay but they ate coming from the far east, are they any good or should I buys second hand one from a uk based seller? the one i am thinking of bidding on is the one in the link shown in the post below. Regards

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes I will tell you how to take out the battery holder, then insert a flat bladed knife and lift the catch on the nylon strip and it all slides out,,do not insert the knife too far or you will damage the PCB components

Attachments

• Picture 609.jpg
    Picture 609.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 33
OP
S

shazsaf

Reaction score
Hi Malcolm, just had a look at my exsisting key, the battery holder comes out quite easily however cant seem to figure out how you take the circut board out without braking the fob..

regards

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Malcolm, just had a look at my exsisting key, the battery holder comes out quite easily however cant seem to figure out how you take the circut board out without braking the fob..

regards

You can see the white nylon strip in my picture,, the bit sticking out is the catch that holds the PCB in,,you lift that catch with a very thin knife

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom