Reserve Fuel

OP
W

Watto

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
05 CLS55 AMG
Or crash into a tree from looking at a camera and not the road....remember to drive safe kids :cool:

OP
W

Watto

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
05 CLS55 AMG
:lol:

I was only messing, I can see I'm going to have to acclimatise my sense of humour on here :p

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
I saw that but I thought he was taking the michael. Was he being serious?

Just for Watto, as promised

DSC04597.jpg

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Once you get to about 25 miles left it will show you a cls next to a fuel pump with a hose coming from the pump! all the last mercs have this now!
I've driven for ages with the pump and cls picture (it annoys me that it isn't an E Class!). I filled up yesterday with 78 litres so I cannot have been far (2 ltrs) off empty.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Thats not fair,,I would love to have that picture coming up on mine :(:(

OP
W

Watto

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
05 CLS55 AMG
Thats not fair,,I would love to have that picture coming up on mine :(:(

Fear not, I have a couple of solutions. :cool:

1. Buy a new MB with the function.

2. Print this page and cut out the picture and stick it to your dashboard when you are low on fuel. Thats the cheaper option obviously.

I may try these ideas on Dragons Den :mrgreen:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Fear not, I have a couple of solutions. :cool:

1. Buy a new MB with the function.

2. Print this page and cut out the picture and stick it to your dashboard when you are low on fuel. Thats the cheaper option obviously.

I may try these ideas on Dragons Den :mrgreen:

Thanks wonderful :D:D One of my sons is an animation creator and can have it come onto the Comand screen.

The only down side is that my car gets through so much petrol, the display would only be shown for a few seconds, so the cut out one will be the best:D:D

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well at least I do not waste engineers time with one or two silly codes.

discoking

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Your Mercedes
1985 500SEL
While i wouldn't recommend it,usually when the computer tells you you have 0 range(on anycar) you've usually got about 10miles left.I know this because cars come in with fuel guage past empty and computer reading 0 range but they rarley ever run out.

I think anyone in the trade will agree with me,doesn't matter what you sell but you only fill them up if they run out or you sell it and put a a little in for the customer to get home.

Personally I prefer to use range counters as an indication of my driving..I love watching the distance go up :)

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
I think anyone in the trade will agree with me,doesn't matter what you sell but you only fill them up if they run out or you sell it and put a a little in for the customer to get home.:)

I managed to get my 129 fuel warning light on today - I haven't filled up since the gtg at Honiton and that was 360 miles ago! :D

Point of the story is that the car took 67 litres (80L tank). That means I had 13 L (nearly 3 gals) left. I wonder if these things are designed to give a certain range on the "reserve" - in my case that would be 60+ miles, equiv to 100 Kms. :confused:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom