REST Button not working?

The Pan Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 E 500 A/G Classic colour combination.
Like a good many this morning I just popped to the local Morrison's to get a few bits and bobs, jumped into the car started up backed out of garage pressed the rest button for a few seconds nothing happened. Same at the other end. Do I need to set this up after a battery drain back in March or should it just work as before? Any sensible advice welcome. Can't see anything in the handbook.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The rest button only works when the engine is hot and you are parked up, so in Winter you are sitting in the car waiting for someone, press the rest button and the hot water will circulate to keep you warm while you are waiting for some time.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
The REST function only works with the IGN off. It will warm or ventilate depending on the desired temperature and ambient conditions. Clearly the a/c will not be working, so ventilation is only with ambient temperature air.

What did you expect from pressing the REST button? Or did you mean the RECIRC button? I sometimes use that to boost the effect of heating or cooling in the first few moments of driving. Especially effective in getting the cabin temp down in this hot weather!

OP
The Pan Man

The Pan Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
What did you expect from pressing the REST button?

I expected the windows an sunroof to open to their last used positions. As that's how it works so I was informed and shown when I bought the car. However not had much use for that until now.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
What did you expect from pressing the REST button?

I expected the windows an sunroof to open to their last used positions. As that's how it works so I was informed and shown when I bought the car. However not had much use for that until now.

I think that should be the RECIRC button, it is on my car and my previous one. Press and hold for a few seconds.

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The recirculate button will solve all your problems :D

OP
The Pan Man

The Pan Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks guys will try again tomorrow.

OP
The Pan Man

The Pan Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sorry I have not come back on this, it works and then it does not.

Does the system choose to reset every time the ignition is switched off?

That's the symptom that I'm getting. Get into car from stopping press the recirc button and nothing happens, reverse out of garage open widows / sun roof single or combination of both, press recirc all close, press again all open to where they were. Ignition off at first stop and I need to repeat the above, is that correct.

INCHCAPE again say they lost my number after they called me !!!!! Almost 24 hours to return that call. The man does not know the difference between the numbers on the sat nav disk and the firmware version number, and yes he is on the service advice team. Teeth sharpened and heels dug in, I will get this sorted for £99.99 or less.

davidsw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XKR ,Jaguar S-Type, Porsche Boxster S
"That's the symptom that I'm getting. Get into car from stopping press the recirc button and nothing happens, reverse out of garage open widows / sun roof single or combination of both, press recirc all close, press again all open to where they were. Ignition off at first stop and I need to repeat the above, is that correct."

you are correct ,that's how it works.

N

npuk

again say they lost my number after they called me !!!!! Almost 24 hours to return that call. The man does not know the difference between the numbers on the sat nav disk and the firmware version number, and yes he is on the service advice team. Teeth sharpened and heels dug in, I will get this sorted for £99.99 or less.

Check yous map and firmware version yourself, it is simple. See my posts on this thread:

http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showthread.php?t=116140&page=2

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
The Pan Man

The Pan Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well I'm just off to have another go at this.

The clown I have been dealing with is on holiday thank god I might have hit him

Booked into INCHCAPE for Sat Nav + Firmware at £99.99.

Does anyone know what where the tier one warranty varies from a new car purchase?

The doors are out of adjustment and the little bu33er wanted to charge me, so I got shirty, seems his boss is on holiday too. There will be more to follow I'm sure, watch this space.

OP
The Pan Man

The Pan Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have tried every combination of Hang up * + all digits and Hang up all digits #. Any other suggestions? I would like to be well prepared for Monday if possible.

N

npuk

On the last few posts of that thread it appears for cars on the old factory firmware you need to use Hangup +1+#

Clkrichard

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 Cabriolet 2004, R 230 SL 500 2005, new A class AMG Sport.
Isnt "recirc" just an aircon control that recirculates cabin air rather than drawing in external fumes ?
It doesn't have any real connection with windows etc.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom