'Rest' function on W212 2011 e-class

barn1994

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 2007
I'm about to buy an Estate e350 version of the above and have noted that my beloved 'Rest' button is missing from the climate control. I use this all the time on my e320 as seems awful to leave the motor running when waiting in the car. I see that the luxury (thermotronic) climate control has this function, so I'm wondering if an upgrade is possible, hopefully just by changing the control panel. Has anyone done this? I don't need the rear seat control that comes with it.

Thanks
Ben

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
It must be there somewhere Ben, its a nice feature on all MB's, maybe its called something else.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Not only would you need to upgrade to the Thermatronic unit but you would need the extra circulation pump to pump the coolant when IGN is off. Not sure if a new loom (or extra wiring) would be needed.

OP
B

barn1994

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 2007
Thanks for your replies.

I'm pretty sure there is no Rest function on this model and from 2013 (I think) they only offer the option of the Luxury CC on AMG cars so won't be there much any more.

Sounds too complicated to retrofit, so I guess I'll just have to put up with a cold car!

Thanks again

Ben

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom