1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retrofit Xenon on C-Class?

Discussion in 'Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU' started by Kingpin!, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Kingpin!

Kingpin! New Registration

A car I'm thinking of buying for my wife doesn't have Xenon-lights today (2008 newer C-Class sedan (W204 I assume)), so I wonder if that is possible to retrofit?

I know that the local garage say that it isn't a problem but I don't just need a blue lightbulb but the original or similar system that works and are approved etc.

Possible? :confused:

If so, approx. cost?

TIA!

2. Naraic

Naraic Moderator

Your Mercedes:
    2005 CL500.
    Anything is possible if you throw money at it. You will have to install self leveling and washers if not already fitted.

3. Troon

Troon Active Senior Members

Your Mercedes:
    A big one
    Buy a car with xenons already. It's a big and expensive tear-up that would forever be an insurance modification, and it's not as if W204s with xenons are hard to find.

4. yorkshire1

yorkshire1 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    "98 S202 C250TD Manual hybrid
    xenons

why do you feel you need xenons ,good quality nightbreakers etc work well, for me xenons are too bright for other road users same goes for rear leds in rain

5. Comand

Comand Forum Supporter Authorised Forum Supporter

Your Mercedes:
    ML63, SL55, A150, X5, Raptor, ZX10, ZRX1100, Mini, RD350B, RD250B
    Yes its possible. WhiteNemesis had it retrofitted to his W203 C class. I cant recall the cost to be honest but it will be cheaper to find a car with them already.

6. EmilysDad

EmilysDad Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    ML350
    I miss HIDs in my R Class ....... my previous Omega has them & they're far superior to ordinary tungsten lamps.

7. cleverdicky

cleverdicky Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    MB
    I looked at doing this but a LOT of work.
    Spent my time and money on other more worthy mods ;)

For a start you not only need the lamps and ballasts (kits on ebay for less than 20 quid) but to also fit washers you need the RSJ looking bumper with the cut outs.
    besides the extra washer pump, pipes jets. Then the bumper skin with sprung flaps.
    If you can find a donor car at a breakers and do a deal, then it might just be worthwhile.

8. bigasotonuk

bigasotonuk Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
    Hi,
    I have done a "full" retro fit to fit Xenons on my 202 C class, MB used to offer kits to retro fit additional options, at a substantial discounted rate compared to the individual parts, once the kit is fitted the cars data card can be updated to reflect the added options, the retro kits can be fitted by MB or the owner. For the 202 these kits were not available any longer but with a 204 being a current model it might be worth enquiring at the dealer if this sort of kit is available still. Full retro fitting instructions appearred in WIS giving step-by-step instructions for my car, so if some kind soul could look in WIS to see if these instructions are available for the 204, then it would answer the question on availibility of the kit possibly the pt. no. of the kit as well.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  9. whitenemesis

whitenemesis Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CLS55 AMG '05
    The retro-fit is documented in WIS, only one part number given A2048202159 (Light units left and right)

The instructions only mention removing the old units and installing the new, no levelling, no washers