M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
What I find annoying is the deceptions used to justify -

higher rates on tobacco, alcohol and fuel.

To- improve health, health / social disorders, reduce environmental deterioration.

If their strategies were true and very successful the treasury would be stuffed and there would be less money to give to the banks.

JEZ.S320L

Reaction score
Website
www.latorreonline.es
Your Mercedes
Lincoln Navigator and a S320L Business Edition
Am I right in guessing that that would be claims due to events of the 09 / 10 winter, as this winters claims would still be sat on a desk.

The roads this year have suffered more due to the 2nd bad winter attack on them, I would expect claims for this winter to be greater.
Also there will be an increased awareness of the possibility of claim.

It seems that local gov't's are offsetting the cost of claims against the cost of repairs. If they make the claims more and more difficult that cost is kept lower, but it disregards the added dangers of lost control to the road user.

Then there is the extra tax burden to the road user, bad roads more vehicle repairs, we pay.

In short order. The Insurance premiums that each Council pay for Insurance which provides cover for claims for damaged vehicles - caused as the result of broken roads - is much less than the cost of repairing the roads. Thus, the Councils save money - as do those who pay Council Tax.

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Am I right in guessing that that would be claims due to events of the 09 / 10 winter, as this winters claims would still be sat on a desk.

The roads this year have suffered more due to the 2nd bad winter attack on them, I would expect claims for this winter to be greater.
Also there will be an increased awareness of the possibility of claim.

It seems that local gov't's are offsetting the cost of claims against the cost of repairs. If they make the claims more and more difficult that cost is kept lower, but it disregards the added dangers of lost control to the road user.

Then there is the extra tax burden to the road user, bad roads more vehicle repairs, we pay.

I understand it was a 'Freedom of Information' request and covers this current period ie winter 2010 >

OP
J

jasonyw

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180/1997/1.8;W211/2005/E200K
  • Banned
http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/bu...-stories/budget-2011-road-tax-rates-20112012/

Pre 2006, +225 co2 up by £15, not a removed concession as informed.

didn't I remember going up inflation rate irrespective currently 5.5%:rolleyes:

wait for the shock 1 April on the DVLA website.

accordingly he didn't give any money away as he is short on the increased borrowing in Feb and extra in Libya coming from the reserve.

It gone up from £245 to £260, plc gone up £10 http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowToTaxYourVehicle/DG_196148

I save £15 for buying in March, you still got a few more days but it wont benefit now.

Last edited:

55palfers

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Toyota Landcruiser LC4 and W124 E36 his, SLK 200 hers
Hmm Road Tax up by RPI, income tax threshold up by CPI!

Shafted again.

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
No matter the colour of the party they all find hitting the motorist an easy option and will continue to do so.

On BBC East last night I heard the Chairman of a large East Anglia transport company saying in effect a penny off was not bad considering the financial situation and even DEFENDING the cost of fuel - looking for his knighthood methinks:rolleyes:

What really urinates me off is the arrogance of Labour politicians who are still in denial and seem to think that every body else is wrong and they are right - an apology would not go amiss but then again politicians are never wrong are they:(

My neighbour said this morning that he thought the penny off fuel was "really good" I reminded him of the recent hike in VAT which increased fuel a lot more than a 'penny' "forgot about that" was his reply AND don't forget the new 'RPI' increases on car tax.

The general pubic have very short memories even shorter if they are hard line Tory Boy's:rolleyes:

Boogs

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 (60) C200 Exec SE Est 2010(60) Lotus Evora Fully Loaded
Oh bu**er, must remember this lesson for next year. The CLK renewal is on my desk at £205, but I hadn't got round to it so now its £215. :Oops:

Boogs

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 (60) C200 Exec SE Est 2010(60) Lotus Evora Fully Loaded
Oh bu**er, must remember this lesson for next year. The CLK renewal is on my desk at £205, but I hadn't got round to it so now its £215. :Oops:

Result - just renewed it and it went through at the old rate of £205 (unlike previous years).

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Do you want any higher?:rolleyes:

Silly question but understandable (for a change ) coming from you.

In answer, no I would prefer you to give facts rather than dramatise like the journalists you adorate.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded

In answer, no I would prefer you to give facts rather than dramatise like the journalists you adorate.

But he must be right as it was in the paper :D

OP
J

jasonyw

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180/1997/1.8;W211/2005/E200K
  • Banned

I gave you guys warning at the end of Feb when the DVLA staff told me everything are going up. You guys ignored it taking it a joke.

I didn't know until yesterday budget, it going up by inflation rate every year.

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
went to local DVLA to surrender a roadtax and renew for another, was jesting with the woman counter staff, is it going up in April?

She said yes, everything are going up. Those with over 225g for cars before 2006 will get a nasty shock with no mercy.:shock:

£15 increase is an expectation not a no mercy shock.

But you play the part of Jester well.

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W638, W140, W220, W639 All gone but not forgotten
......But you play the part of Jester well.

Maybe a mod could change his username to Fester_the_Jester

syncropaddy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
.... too many cars!
So let me get this right ... my 1990 300SE would cost £215 for 12 months road tax.... Yes?

Where I live its €1293 .............. and my 1994 E220 costs €823 !!

You have it easy over there dont you?

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom