Rodent strike's, twice in 3 days!!

millspeed88

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210/2001/320 V6 : W129/1991/5.0 V8 :
Hello. Talk about being unlucky. My C270 cdi broke down last Sunday, R.A.C attended and diagnosed the fault as a "half eaten fuel hose". To my surprise, a mouse had chewed through the pipe that I think goes onto the water cooler for the fuel??!! Anyway, it was fixed at the roadside and off I went. Imagine how I felt on Tuesday morning when the car ground to a halt! R.A.C attended yet again and found that the little Ba***rd rodent (or rodent's) had done another "job" on the fuel system. This time it was a more serious hose. It was the return from the main fuel feed rail! I managed to get a new pipe and fit it myself (after about 2 hours) although I now have a problem starting the car. This is obviously due to air in the system, but I dont know how to go about bleeding it. There is no "primer" type pump or bellows that I can see. Can anybody shine a light on my predicament or do I have to get the bus tomorrow??
Many thanks in advance
Steve

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
And some special feed for your fuel loving friend...first i think..

OP
M

millspeed88

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks guy's. I did try on the key for ages but to no avail. I am staying home today and will give the nice chaps at M.B service a ring. The rodent will not last the week!! However, I'm in trouble if his mates come round!!
Regards
Steve

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Turning the key and then stopping, allows the pressure to fall away,

You can compress air but not fuel,so just spin the engine without pausing and it should fire up

OP
M

millspeed88

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I would just like to say a huge "ta very much" to you guys. I did get the car started by holding and holding and then holding the key!! However, The little git had chewed through 2 of the leak off pipes. Anyway, the car is now running and I send my thanks once again. Lets just hope it last's until Friday at least!!
Regards
Steve

Lisa Jayne

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 SLK 230K & 2003 ML270 CDI Inspiration
I would just like to say a huge "ta very much" to you guys. I did get the car started by holding and holding and then holding the key!! However, The little git had chewed through 2 of the leak off pipes. Anyway, the car is now running and I send my thanks once again. Lets just hope it last's until Friday at least!!
Regards
Steve

Just place a loaded mousetrap underneath the car overnight, that's how I caught my little lodgers that had moved into my old MGF last year :twisted:

Bigtee

Reaction score
You need to hook these little critters up to 240v fry them but don't blow your car up.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom