Roof ride

aide2009

New Registration
Reaction score
Hi all i have just brought myself a SL500 1994 convertable i fell in love with it as soon as i saw it . Now the lady i brought it from knew nothing about it due to the passing of her husband reason for sale . i have worked out how to get the hard top off but there is no handbook in the car to show me how the soft top works . any help would be gratefully recieved.:confused:

hairyg

Reaction score
Website
www.vegetarian-and-low-calorie-recipes.com
Your Mercedes
R129 (1994) SL320
There's a red button shaped like the hard-top just to the left of the gear lever. With the ignition on (and the engin running, for preference) push the knob forward to raise the roof and close it.

The windows should wind down first before anything else moves.

Putting the roof down is just as simple, just pull the knob backwards and wait until everything stops moving.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Welcome to the forum, as hairyG above,you may need to keep your foot on the parking brake and open the doors

discoking

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Your Mercedes
1985 500SEL
Hi all i have just brought myself a SL500 1994 convertable i fell in love with it as soon as i saw it . Now the lady i brought it from knew nothing about it due to the passing of her husband reason for sale . i have worked out how to get the hard top off but there is no handbook in the car to show me how the soft top works . any help would be gratefully recieved.:confused:

Check the centre console storage for the pack containing handbooks etc.Took me 3 weeks to realise it had a compartment as the button is only visible from passenger side and it's the 1st side opening centre compartment I've seen.Everything bar the service history booklet(already had it)was hiding in there :)

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom