800px-Messerschmitt_Kabinenroller_Microcar.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 4
OP
dizzy lizzy

dizzy lizzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL129 (diesel),2 x 124 250D,190d 2.5
no it wasn't that one - it had a full glass front that opened upwards- looked just like a bubble - is that the Heinkel

mercmadjim

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK230k
OOH ! Sorry-pet hate :mad:

It's not a Robin Reliant, its a RELIANT ROBIN !!
Do you call others:
Focus Ford
Quashquai Nissan
Cooper Mini

???????? :rolleyes:

AAAAARGGGHHHH FOR GODS SAKE, it's actually a Reliant Regal, Robin's were not out untill the late 70's, and now I am starting to sound like an expert on the darn things!!:)

Plastic dragsters, resin rockets, the Rialto reminds me of a pencil sharpener!!

OP
dizzy lizzy

dizzy lizzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
AAAAARGGGHHHH FOR GODS SAKE, it's actually a Reliant Regal, Robin's were not out untill the late 70's, and now I am starting to sound like an expert on the darn things!!:)

Plastic dragsters, resin rockets, the Rialto reminds me of a pencil sharpener!!

Ha ha ha hee hee hee - your'e an expert on them:lol:

ncooper

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1984 Mercedes Benz 280 SL,1993 Mercedes Benz 190E Manual,1993 Mercedes Benz 190E Auto
no it wasn't that one - it had a full glass front that opened upwards- looked just like a bubble - is that the Heinkel

This one perhaps?
Isetta
250px-Iso_Isetta.jpg

Regards,
Nick

mercmadjim

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK230k

Oh dear, that sounds like the Messerschmit to me (dunno how you spell it) and Dizzy, it does make me sound like an expert :Oops:

OP
dizzy lizzy

dizzy lizzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
This one perhaps?
Isetta
250px-Iso_Isetta.jpg

Regards,
Nick

yes i think that is it - i was only a kid so memory a bit shady - but i think that is the one:Oops::p

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
215 CL600, 216 Facelift CL500, 172 SLK55, Nissan Cube, R170 SLK230 & an Auto Trail Comanche.
couldn't sleep because i keep giggling........remembering when i was knocked down on Putney Bridge by a robin reliant.....it's true .....late 1960's(when i was a young lady) crossing Putney Bridge by the traffic lights, which were red, a policeman on the corner on opposite side of bridge was talking to a pedestrian- driver in the robin reliant was so busy looking at the policeman he started driving forward and hit me- i was very embarrased-not by the fact that i was run over - but because it was a robin reliant:Oops:. The worst thing was it was in the wandsworth borough news. Fortunately i had only minor injuries-cuts and scrapes to knees - and no - there was not a tyre mark running down the middle of my body. Still giggling.........:Oops:

I'm just wondering what it was that brought that memory back to you at that time of day?

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
i remember many years ago, we were travelling to scarborough for a family holiday. got to sutton bank, (a very steep hill with very tight corners, for those who dont know it) and at this time there was no bypass road to avoid the steep hill. caravans were a common cause of road blocks/hold ups on the hill in those days. about half way up, there was the usual caravan blocking the road, and yes, youve guessed it, it was being pulled (or trying to be pulled at least) by a reliant robin! we still laugh about it now!

OP
dizzy lizzy

dizzy lizzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I'm just wondering what it was that brought that memory back to you at that time of day?

don't know - probably saw one on the telly sometime or other - when i can't sleep my mind does overtime - wont switch off. I also laugh in my sleep sometimes -much to Brian's annoyance- i often think of funny things that have happened and get the giggles - bit embarrasing when your'e in the middle of a supermarket- i am as nutty as a fruitcake:lol::lol::lol:

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
don't know - probably saw one on the telly sometime or other - when i can't sleep my mind does overtime - wont switch off. I also laugh in my sleep sometimes -much to Brian's annoyance- i often think of funny things that have happened and get the giggles - bit embarrassing when you're in the middle of a supermarket- i am as nutty as a fruitcake:lol::lol::lol:

I am building the picture here - asleep, with Brian, in the supermarket ...........you weren't on the Magic Roundabout, were you?

OP
dizzy lizzy

dizzy lizzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I am building the picture here - asleep, with Brian, in the supermarket ...........you weren't on the Magic Roundabout, were you?

No silly - that was in the car park:p

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom