Rust on W220

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500L 2001, gone but, never forgotten
Having lost the benefit of the MobiloLife warrant what problems can I expect with the car rusting over the next number of years?

It is a S500L 2001 with 50,000 miles recorded.

teddycatkin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W107-SL W124-220te W123-230e W201 2.0
I think it will rust rapidly now Robert and as its accident damaged hisory too you had better make a quick sale--I could stretch to £1,000 ?

Seriously it depends where you keep it --is it out in all weathers or in a nice warm garage and never used in wet weather (as are ours)? I think a good move is to treat it to a full and proper waxoyling (2 x5lt tins min)--this requires a full days work and you will need use of a ramp too --or get a prof garage to do it ---that will give peace of mind and is essential if you are keeping it .

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Yes front wings..wheelarches.. and rear wheelarches also have a good look over all the panels and look for small spider effect blisters, this is the rust starting below the paintwork.. clean behind the wheel arches well and as said waxoyl them liberally, also have someeone spray waxoyl into the cavity behind the rear wheelarches..

OP
robertjrt

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500L 2001, gone but, never forgotten
If I keep the car it will live "in the street", there is not much choice here in Covent Garden. I have no idea where it has been kept these past years and MB refuse to allow me to "look" at it, I am expected to just drive it away form their Wandsworth workshops.

Thank you for your replies.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom