Rust Repairs approved!

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
How about a Ford KA with a V8 shoehorned into it? Not sure where you'd sit though. :D

How about on top of it - in the style of the pilot of the B52 sitting astride the bomb as it made its way to target in the Film " Dr Strangelove - or how I learned to love the Bomb":cool:

roadhog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 300D x2, C124 300
Mr%20Bean%20mini%201.jpg

:D

OP
GlynC

GlynC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi A8 Sport
Reminds me of a mate of mine many years ago who wedged a Rover V8 into a moggie minor....only really fit for the dragstrip, didn't do corners well!
:rolleyes:
Ah the good old days where cars were meant to run on petrol and no one was shoving sensors up your back end once a year .....:shock:
It's an age thing I guess :D

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Reminds me of a mate of mine many years ago who wedged a Rover V8 into a moggie minor....only really fit for the dragstrip, didn't do corners well!
Ah the good old days where cars were meant to run on petrol and no one was shoving sensors up your back end once a year .....:shock:

Remember them well in particular the time I got stopped for having a 'noisy motor vehicle (straight thro exhaust) whilst driving down the main street in Ashby de la Zouch at three in the morning - think old Tom Pass got the hump at being woken up;)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded

Very few now can enjoy what we used to get up to and do years back,,the cars are no longer do anythingable :D excuse that word

roadhog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 300D x2, C124 300
Fortunately I'm not old enough to require sensors shoving up my back end on a yearly basis. :D
Very few now can enjoy what we used to get up to and do years back
Well if it was enjoyable I shall look forward to it. :lol:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
OP
GlynC

GlynC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi A8 Sport
Yes they do, check around the fuel filler and door bottoms of the ~2000 models a lot are rusting badly.

Too right
Wifey just pointed out this one has some rust! not very old on a 08!
Although its more to do with the scrapes on it!!!! ;)
She also said it needs petrol, so it's used that £10 :rolleyes:
So much for Green and economical :shock:

OP
GlynC

GlynC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi A8 Sport
Good News
Merc's back KA's gone!:D
They have done what seems to be a very good job of repairing the arches without painting the actual panels, they have only re-painted the actual arch internal sections.
There appears to be a "stone chip" type finish now underneath the paint and hopefully this will have more longevity than the previous paint!
They have treated the whole of the wheel arch with this not just the small sections I had touched up.
All in all very pleased with the results. As there is no real evidence of repairs or paintwork which as we know helps maintain integrity of the vehicle. I will be waxoyling the inside of the arches this weekend now too!
Car was returned clean inside and out, which is how it was when it went in.
Full marks to MB on this occassion
Nice the have her back too, after a drive down the M42 in th KA this morning, my iternal organs will need the rest of the day to settle! :rolleyes:

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom