S212 or S213

Wearsafoxhat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55k :S211, SL500 :R129 , V220
As test drives are still a little difficult, especially a decent one, am looking for some comments, good and bad from the good people on here.
I know the answer is to drive them but a head start and some pointers would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

I currently have a S211, E55 (my2005) and am looking to move onto an S212 E63 (2014-16) or a S213 E63 (2017 maybe 18)

The rfl for the 212 sticks in my throat a little but oddly happy to loose more on depreciation for the 213, intend to keep which ever until the bitter end.

Thoughts are

a/ a good 212 and get a re map, lsd, if needed.

b/ stretch and get a 213 and maybe a remap. (Will still be able to look after it after a stretch)

c/ keep the 211 in top condition and waste my funds on rubbish.

Thank you in advance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I’d go for “C”

There‘s less good ones around and yours is very good.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
I think you need to drive both the 212 and the 213 versions to decide the latter has all round pneumatic suspension so will be a completely different feel to the 212

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
Your 211 is a peach, and you’d miss it a lot.

That said, the choice between the other two comes down largely to the engine. The M157 has its fans, and it delivers the grunt. For me personally the M177 pips it. I recommend you try to get a bit of time with both though, if you can.

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Another one here for keeping the W211, mine was still probably one of my favourite cars and I still regret letting it go, although I loved my W212 and it's so easy to modify. A very different car though in how the power is put down, with the M113K it seems to come in smoothly all the way through the rev range, though with the M157 it tends to come in more in one lump, albeit a big lump. Supercharger vs Turbochargers would be the logic behind that I suppose.

I never got on with the W213 when I had it, even though I kept it for nearly two years. It was the quickest of the three of them, certainly from a standing start, though the 4matic system helps with that. I also found with it that it seemed to encourage hooliganism, even with someone of my age, it just thrived on aggressive driving, or at least it seemed that way. :) I also found the W213 was a much harsher ride than the previous model, even with all settings relaxed which, to me at least, is not what the E Class should be about, AMG guise or other.

As stated by others though and I wholly agree; whilst getting test drives can prove awkward in the current climate, it's the only way that you'll be able to decide.

OP
Wearsafoxhat

Wearsafoxhat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55k :S211, SL500 :R129 , V220
Thank you all, I do really like my 211, it is plenty fast enough if needed and does tick most boxes.

I like the 212 look but not the rfl and find the 213 a bit long behind the rear wheels.

S211 it is then and quite happy with that.

@daveenty, thank you for your input, appreciated.

I just fancied a change or maybe it is just need the look at cars because...so shall resist the temptation, maybe it’s the world opening up but thanks again.

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
Thank you all, I do really like my 211, it is plenty fast enough if needed and does tick most boxes.

I like the 212 look but not the rfl and find the 213 a bit long behind the rear wheels.

S211 it is then and quite happy with that.

@daveenty, thank you for your input, appreciated.

I just fancied a change or maybe it is just need the look at cars because...so shall resist the temptation, maybe it’s the world opening up but thanks again.

Not the best time to buy either, prices are sky high at the moment. Enjoy the 211. Probably turns more heads than either of the newer models

Top Bottom