S320 - Inner Pulley wheel belt worn

Ram05

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W220 - S320
Hi

A month old owner of the 1999 S320, today when I was trying to start the car when I heard a different noise grrrrrrrr from the engine. I suspected, so stopped the engine, opened the bonnet, and noticed that the Inner pulley rubber belt was sneaking out (I didn't know what its meant for!). As I was unaware of the impact of the repair, I immediately called the break down assistance and had it towed to my residence.

I would like to know what does the inner pulley wheel do and would it be possible for an indie ( planning to use Star Motor Services) to come down and attend the problem with a rough estimate of the cost of the repair. Would anything else be inter-connected to this issue...what else should I look for ?

Any kind of assistance will be much appreciated.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Its possibly just an idler pulley that needs replacing and a new belt, shouldnt be overly expensive,,

OP
R

Ram05

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W220 - S320
Hi

Quick update, the crank shaft pulley was replaced and the problem is sorted out by Star Motor Services, Thanks to Ian.I understand the pulley's role its also known as Harmonic balancer.Did a search on this forum and got to know a lot about Harmonic balancer.

Cheers

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom