S350 W220 improving fuel economy and performance?

Steamtronic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 S350 W220
Hi, Im looking at a 2003 S350 W220 with about 165K on the clock, and was considering options to improve economy and performance. I'm new to this so please excuse the newbie q's!

I do a lot of highway driving, but also get stuck in peak hour crawl. I'm mainly after better fuel economy but wont complain if I get more power into the bargain!

For economy I was considering either an ECU remap or aftermarket chip. Any suggestions?

What about transmission ratios?

Air filters?

Is there any point putting a supercharger on it or will that just negate the economy gains from the remap / chip? If a supercharger would be ok, are there any non-Merc options that you could suggest (the genuine Benz parts are pretty pricey - hence Im not considering a turbo due to installation costs).

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
We do not have many 350's in the uk, it uses the 112 engine and not much to be gained from chipping for economy if anything, it is a heavy car, the newer 272 engine is a big improvement but too new for the 220

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Mercedes AMG GTS - GLS350d
Television is right! Unfortunately gains wise we would struggle to get anything above 12 BHP from the vehicle. As for fuel economy there isn't really a lot you can play with to improve economy.

Regards

Anthony @ GAD

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom