S350d AMG Line2018

Glynne Rees

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350D AMG Line
Just taken delivery of my 10th Mercedes car. Have become a total addict over the last 18 years. Had E classes, CLS, SLK55 and others. This new 2018 S350 is just an amazing drive. More of that later.. Question to readers.. How does the Command OnLine go on line? No apparent facility any more for Bluetooth or WiFi connection to phone hotspot. When trying to browse the internet it indicates I need a data subscription with MB though Mercedes ME shop. But there does not seem anywhere to get a price for a subscription or how to buy one. In any case do not really want to pay another subscription when I have my phone subscription in the car with me. Any ideas anyone?

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi Glynne, welcome to the forum, wow, now that is brand loyalty !! :)

OP
G

Glynne Rees

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350D AMG Line
Well my shiny new CLS in 2014 had some great features, leaning on my phone 4G connection (wifi or bluetooth hotspot) to run google maps and lots of other great internet live apps. 18 months in and Google maps and other apps disappeared. It was often so useful to arrive somewhere unfamiliar then run around the streets in Google earth to pin down where you needed to be. Believe Mercedes and Google parted company to Mercedes removed features from our cars that they were proud to advertise as big selling points. At least I could still use my WiFi at Home and Work for the car to have internet connectivity, but sadly not much functionality any more. Today I understand Mercedes have stopped internet connectivity by phone hotspot. I have the privaledge of 1gig of free data via vodafone lasting 4 weeks. After than I must buy data from Vodafone at a premium rate. So much for progress!"!

OP
G

Glynne Rees

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350D AMG Line
Thanks to everyone for great welcome. Looking forward to sharing experiences good (mainly) and not so good (thankfully quite rare) Seasons Greetings Glynne (pic on hand over day SLK55 and CLS350 in background - S350 foreground)

Attachments

• 20171220_123648.jpg
    20171220_123648.jpg
    526 KB · Views: 10

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Thanks to everyone for great welcome. Looking forward to sharing experiences good (mainly) and not so good (thankfully quite rare) Seasons Greetings Glynne (pic on hand over day SLK55 and CLS350 in background - S350 foreground)
That is impressive and has a great presence :)

nicholas15

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
s class w221 - 2012 350 Bluetec, SL500 r230 2003
Was given a new S350d has a courtesy car during recent bodywork repair to my older S350. Definitely a nice car which has been improved over the years.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I test drove a 2016 but unfortunately I have little reason to buy one nicely put together with oh so many toys.
My youth has a new car and I have the oldest in the road by a country mile if you don't count some classic gems hiding in garages.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom