Sat Nan update for ntg4

stuart finch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 2009
Hello!

I’ve recently purchased a 2009 E350, with sat nav, the only issue is that the maps are out of date! What is the best route to take with regards updating? There seem to be numerous sites called “latestsatnav.co.uk” and “satnavstore.com” but are they trustworthy?

Kind regards

Stuart

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
Stuart, do not touch anything other than genuine MB DVD's as, although some folk have used the copied DVD's successfully many others have bricked their Comand using them - and expensive mistake! You can read about this on www.comand.co.uk or www.mercedesupgrades.(com or co.uk, not sure which).

With NTG4 you have 2 options. First is buy the latest update either from comandonline.co.uk or MB - that's the expensive option, although occasionally MB do a special deal for £99. Second is to buy a "previously owned" set from eBay or the forums, they're occasionally offered on here and MBOA. Be careful that you get a set with a part number starting A212 not A204 - the C class W/S204 Comand is also NTG4, but the DVD's are different. A set that is a year or 2 old is much cheaper, and thankfully NTG4 DVD's are re-useable - MB got cute when they upgraded to NTG4.5 (facelift W204, not sure about E class though) so you need a PIN from their mainframe, specific to your car's VIN, as well as the DVD's.

For all things MB ICE/phone/satnav etc., your first port of call should always be Alfie/Richard at comand.co.uk, who are sponsors of both this forum and MBOA and know more about MB's systems than m0ost MB main dealers!

OP
S

stuart finch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 2009
Chris,

Wow, now that’s a reply! Thankyou so much that is extremely helpful!!! I tried to wangle a free update with MB Preston when I took it in for a firmware update (so the Bluetooth audio connected correctly) but they wouldn’t take me on!
I will look into these options ASAP!

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
Chris,

Wow, now that’s a reply! Thankyou so much that is extremely helpful!!! I tried to wangle a free update with MB Preston when I took it in for a firmware update (so the Bluetooth audio connected correctly) but they wouldn’t take me on!
I will look into these options ASAP!

see if they'll commit to the 99 quid deal they ran most of last year

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom