Saying good bye for a while

scorpio stu

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E230 Estate 1997 P reg in Silver & Navy Chrylser PT Cruiser with all the chrome
Off to Spain in the morning,7am ferry to Calais then down to Bordeaux for the night then on to Marbella on Sunday..Looking forward to a relaxing drive even after some lovely person drove into my car and drove off..No one saw anything !
bumper,rear wing and door..Hope they don't write it off !

See ya

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Well enjoy and worry about the car on your return!!!

OP
S

scorpio stu

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I will thanks,just upsets (but doesn't surprise) me that people can do it. And I have a £250 excess just worried they may write it off.oh well.

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
215 CL600, 216 Facelift CL500, 172 SLK55, Nissan Cube, R170 SLK230 & an Auto Trail Comanche.
Have a nice time. :D

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Afraid it is a sign of the times in this wonderful Country of ours.

Today watched a couple come out of the Garden Centre having one almighty row going at each other as if there was no tomorrow. He opened his door with 'great vigour' and it slammed into the car alongside his, not even a look or care on his face.

After driving away at a rate of knots - an accident in the making - I could see the damage to the other car's side, a coupe, just to the rear of the drivers door he had caused in his anger.

I wrote a note and popped it under the wiper giving the owner of this 2 year old car all the details including my phone number if he requires a witness.:(

oh yes and have a good break:)

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Have a good trip,,sory about the car

C

C180 Chris

Hope you enjoy your hols Stu, it is indeed a sad reflection on our world that people do this sort of thing.

OP
S

scorpio stu

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well we are back after a total round trip of 3200 door to door,we used £440 in fuel which I was very happy about.
Had to have the balancing done while we were in Marbella but at 10 Euros that was ok.
The car performed like a dream, averaged around 80mph on the motorways. temp gauge never moved,didn't use any water and the roof box stayed where it was supposed to !
Two problems occured whilst we were away which I am very unhappy about. A Spaniard drove into the front wing and drove off before I could react and get his number plate and I parked in the wrong place in a town called Mijas and the police towed the car away. Took me 4 hours and 210 Euros to get it back.. Oh well. Now have to take the car to a garage in Enfield that the AA has told me to and see if they are going to write it off or repair it (te damage that was done the day before the holiday).
Hope you all had or a having a nice summer.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Welcome back,,that sounded eventful to say the least, it will be a holiday that you will always renember

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Well we are back after a total round trip of 3200 door to door,we used £440 in fuel which I was very happy about.
Had to have the balancing done while we were in Marbella but at 10 Euros that was ok.
The car performed like a dream, averaged around 80mph on the motorways. temp gauge never moved,didn't use any water and the roof box stayed where it was supposed to !
A Spaniard drove into the front wing and drove off before I could react and get his number plate and I parked in the wrong place in a town called Mijas and the police towed the car away. Took me 4 hours and 210 Euros to get it back.. Oh well. Now have to take the car to a garage in Enfield that the AA has told me to and see if they are going to write it off or repair it (te damage that was done the day before the holiday).
Hope you all had or a having a nice summer.

Welcome back and delighted to hear that the motoring went so well. It is always a particular joy to have your own car with you as anything you might rent locally is never quite the same.

Sadly, it seems you have picked up quite a bit of battle damage, before the trip and during it. It would be sensible to have a plan ready in the event of "write off" - buy it back and repair it? If it is excellent mechanically, it is worth a thought. I generally find that repairs can be done for well less than the insurance estimate, so the nett cost may not be that bad. Worth getting a quote from someone locally to give you a benchmark in preparation for your chat with the insurers.

roadhog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 300D x2, C124 300
If they do write it off, Sam Unit has a nice one for sale.

OP
S

scorpio stu

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks for the advice,all taken on board. I will wait and see what happens. I hve changed the garage it was going to and am now going to take it to Popplwells in Epping who have repaired my wifes car in the past. Google them they are quite well known.
Will keep you updated on he progress and will contact Sam unit if they write mine off.
What has he got for sale by the way ?

OP
S

scorpio stu

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
One more quick thing,I know its on the wrong section but I take it its a common fault with the E class headlights going abit cloudy,is there anyway of cleaning or doing a mod on them to make them clearer ?
Thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
He has a very nice 124 and a 210 very clean both of them

OP
S

scorpio stu

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
He has sold the 210 sadly.
My car has now been written off by the insurance company. I have had to send them the history,mot and log book and now have to wait for an offer. They did say if I wanted to keep the car it would be sold back to me very very cheaply so after doing over 3000 miles to Marbella and back and then up to Manchester and back with no problems at all and minimal fuel used I think I would like to keep it.Does seem to be more oil dripping now though and the exhaust is blowing again.I don't think any of it is major stuff. Unless they offer me lots (I don't think so) I will keep it and pocket some cash as well to start doing her up.

OP
S

scorpio stu

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well I had a settlement from the insurance today.
I paid £1272 off Ebay for the car.
Insurance gave me £1850
I bought the car back for £420 and after paying the excess I am left with £1180...Nearly as much as I paid for the car !

Not too bad I think.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well I had a settlement from the insurance today.
I paid £1272 off Ebay for the car.
Insurance gave me £1850
I bought the car back for £420 and after paying the excess I am left with £1180...Nearly as much as I paid for the car !

Not too bad I think.

So you are staying with us :D:D

Top Bottom