Sbc !!!yahoo mercedes say yes!!!!

ALFIEBEARD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
JAGUAR XF-R SPORT
Hi Again Gents.
Well my holiday in Britany went very well, I got a text from our workshop on Tuesday to say Mercedes had reconsidered for the 5th time about giving me a contribution towards the repairs to my E Class W211 SBC system and decided, after carefull consideration:rolleyes::rolleyes: to refund the cost of the SBC pump and the fitting of it::shock::D.

I think it must have been something to do with my last letter stating what I was going to do to advertise my disgust at the way I was treated etc etc.

The letter stated that Mercedes UK would pay half and Mercedes Carlisle would pay the other half, and they hoped I would have a better opinion of their vehicles and they apologised for all the trouble etc etc.

Well I am very pleased at the outcome, but why oh why did,nt they just settle this complaint immediately :confused:, all this hassle and bad press just so they could prove a point I think.

Well its been a long trek and all your kind posts and backing have helped the situation tremendously, so well done all and a big thankyou to all who assisted me in getting this sorted I hope I can return the compliment one day.

Kind Regards
Alfie B
PS 880mls in one week in Carols Toyota Avensis it was nice to get back into the Merc (after I had bathed my flat 4rse he he).

Last edited:

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
not the best seats in toyotas. i cant get them quite right either! brilliant result though Alfie! well chuffed for you! (is this for the 1st replacement i take it, not the f**ked up one?)

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
What a good result!!!!

Thats how these things should be sorted!

Its been a long trip, but now its done!!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Wonderful news :D:D:D I can start messing up mine then now:D:D

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
now now Malcolm! dont get too excited!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
now now Malcolm! dont get too excited!

well my car is 7½ years old now,,,with Distronic it uses the SBC much more than one without it

OP
ALFIEBEARD

ALFIEBEARD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
JAGUAR XF-R SPORT
Wonderful news :D:D:D I can start messing up mine then now:D:D

Ha Ha good idea thanks for all your help, just shows what a bit of pressure from you guys can do eh;).
Alfie B

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
well my car is 7½ years old now,,,with Distronic it uses the SBC much more than one without it

so it brakes itself when you get near something? i have something similar on the rear of my 210. its more commonly known as a towbar! like your sbc, it stops me reversing into things!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
so it brakes itself when you get near something? i have something similar on the rear of my 210. its more commonly known as a towbar! like your sbc, it stops me reversing into things!

Yes the whole time its engaged it uses the SBC to control the speed and distance from the cars in front

OP
ALFIEBEARD

ALFIEBEARD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
JAGUAR XF-R SPORT
not the best seats in toyotas. i cant get them quite right either! brilliant result though Alfie! well chuffed for you! (is this for the 1st replacement i take it, not the f**ked up one?)

Hi Pete,
Yes I am chuffed to bits, I reckon the link to you guys threads was what clinched it, I reckon they realised how much backing I was getting, The first SBC was the only one I paid for as I did,nt realise the f*+cked it up till I had paid the bill, the second pump was fitted free. they did,nt pay for the floor control unit though but that was only £400, you,re quite right about the Toyota seats my 4rse was totally numb when I finally climbed out after the 6hr non stop run, but hey what a car 2ltr diesel with 125,000mls and it has never had a single fault apart from servicing (which I have done )and it averaged 48mpg fully loaded at a constant 80mph, still like the Merc better though:lol:.
Take Care and thanks for your assistance mate.;)
Alfie B

OP
ALFIEBEARD

ALFIEBEARD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
JAGUAR XF-R SPORT

ROFLMAO BRILLIANT:lol::lol:
Alfie B

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ROFLMAO BRILLIANT:lol::lol:
Alfie B

and also very true! although ive never used it for that purpose! well, not on a 210 anyhow! it was common in my teens though to help me 'extend' parking spaces by that all important inch or so, so that i could get my ford parked near the shop!

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
Thats how these things should be sorted!

No, it should be sorted straight off, by the dealer. The customer shouldn't have to go pleading to Mercedes. Not even once, never mind multiple times.

I said in the last thread that I almost have less respect for those firms who give in under pressure than those who tough it out.

Why drag it out, only to give up at a later stage? If they thought they were right, they should have continued to refuse the claim.

Hertfordshire Merx

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160
Pleased you have your money back Alfie its taken a lot though - you sdeserve it, congratulations.

Phill.

OP
ALFIEBEARD

ALFIEBEARD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
JAGUAR XF-R SPORT
Pleased you have your money back Alfie its taken a lot though - you sdeserve it, congratulations.

Phill.

Hi Phil,
Thanks for that, at least there is now hope for other people that may get trodden on by Mercedes.
Also I did actually quote one of your replies to Mercedes and I believe you were instrumental in accomplishing my quest;).
Thank you.
Alfie B

OP
ALFIEBEARD

ALFIEBEARD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
JAGUAR XF-R SPORT
No, it should be sorted straight off, by the dealer. The customer shouldn't have to go pleading to Mercedes. Not even once, never mind multiple times.

I said in the last thread that I almost have less respect for those firms who give in under pressure than those who tough it out.

Why drag it out, only to give up at a later stage? If they thought they were right, they should have continued to refuse the claim.

Yes you are quite right it you should'nt have to plead with them 5 times, I really dont understand why they were so stubborn towards my case, It was the way they replied to my requests that made me persevere and the backing from this brilliant website and it's members, they just kept saying we will look into it and whatever descision we make will be final, then they would come back and say no and the case is now closed:confused::(.

I would certainly recommend persevering it,s been worth it in the end;).
Regards
Alfie B

bill3862

Reaction score
Alfie B

I am delighted at the outcome for you and just shows that a rational, literate consumer cannot just be fobbed of if you present a sound case on grounds you did - expensive cr*p repairs with such safety issues, and dismissive/arrogant attitudes accompanied by corporate bullshine do not work in this day and age and a lot of us will not run away/rollover easily.

I note with great interest that both dealer and MB are now going halfs on repaying you and I think this strongly indicates your case suddenly went higher up the corporate tree at MB following your notified intention of approaching TV/press with the details of your experience.

Excellent result and I will file away in readiness for the day my system decides to expire - car now 4 years old so will not be long !

Best regards

Bill

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
My Dad had something done on his car under a similar 50/50 arrangement between MB and the dealer. In his case, the dealer fought it out, though i seem to remember that they did ask my dad to complain to MB too. The dealer wasn't too thrilled with the deal when it turned out it was going to cost them. They still honoured it.
This may be why dealers are less enthusiastic about fighting MB on our behalf these days. If they know its going to cost them I can understand their reluctance to stick their heads above the parapet.

Hertfordshire Merx

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160
Hi Phil,
Thanks for that, at least there is now hope for other people that may get trodden on by Mercedes.
Also I did actually quote one of your replies to Mercedes and I believe you were instrumental in accomplishing my quest;).
Thank you.
Alfie B

I am pleased it helped you out Alfie - glad to be of service to you.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom