Seat belt stuck. 2002 C class 270 CDI

H

Humans First

Hi guys. The rear off side seat belt on my C Class 270 CDI has stuck and will not release. No idea why it happened. Thought about removing panels to access the mechanism but thought I'd get a view from the forum before proceeding as it looks like a tricky task.

Any ideas? Looked on other threads but can't seem to find a similar problem for my model. Is it best to take to inde garage or are there some quick and easy tasks that might release it?

OP
H

Humans First

Actually I di manage to fix the problem. I removed the panel to expose the seat belt mechanism and managed to free the belt with a bit of shaking. The problem was that the belt got stuck in its locked position and refused to release. I noticed the mechanism sounded a bit clunky and reckoned the gearing was sticking so managed to spray wd40 into to gears. Result was to make the mechanism run completely smoothe again an no more locking. Happy days.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom