Seat Belt tension R class

TwinMan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R320 CDI 2007
Hi, Great forum!
I have a 2007 R320 CDI. Yesterday the front seat belts started to tighten & relax whilst driving. If the window is open that also then closes up to @ 2inches & the same happens to the passenger seat/window aswell as the seat moving back & lower by itself. There is no SRS warning light. I noticed two loose pins that had come loose in the driver footwell just above the foot brake, one is a brown wire and the other black, have triedto push them back in but has not made any diff. could be that I am not connecting them to the correct plug or may just be unrelated.
Any help much appreciated..

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Hi, Great forum!
I have a 2007 R320 CDI. Yesterday the front seat belts started to tighten & relax whilst driving. If the window is open that also then closes up to @ 2inches & the same happens to the passenger seat/window aswell as the seat moving back & lower by itself. There is no SRS warning light. I noticed two loose pins that had come loose in the driver footwell just above the foot brake, one is a brown wire and the other black, have triedto push them back in but has not made any diff. could be that I am not connecting them to the correct plug or may just be unrelated.
Any help much appreciated..

Hello and welcome to the Forum. It is good to have at least one other R Class owner around - what a well kept secret these cars are!

I don't know the answer to your question, but there are lots of competent people on here who will.

OP
T

TwinMan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R320 CDI 2007
Seat Belt RClass

Thanks Alex, I was worried that I was the only other R class owner!
Good to hear from you & I hope I can get some response to my problem before having to visit the dreaded dealer!

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Hi from a ex two time R.class driver, great cars.....

Can you post a photo of the said pins???

At a light guess, check around the front n/side for signs of water or dampness, these used to fill up the aircon box and dump the water inside , under the front n/s seat is the control modules including the central gateway, could have one time had water in there and this is the result of it. pins and plugs are now green.

Other than that, if its had a screen in it, there is a muti-plug on the off/side A post, water runs down from the screen (if not sealed fully) and fills this plug up with water!!!

OP
T

TwinMan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R320 CDI 2007
seat belt tension

I switched the pins back in & now the problem seems to have gone away! looks like i must have disturbed them accidently with my left foot when applying the brake. MB should really have confined them a bit better.

Its the wires that are brown/black, the pin heads are white/clear.

Many thanks!

teebeeeff

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R Class 2008 320CDI Sport
Hello and welcome to the Forum. It is good to have at least one other R Class owner around - what a well kept secret these cars are!

I don't know the answer to your question, but there are lots of competent people on here who will.
I have an R Class - 320CDI Sport 08 plate. Purchased in June this year and immediately took it on a three week trip to France. All went well save for some soot deposits on our bike rack on the tow bar. Went to top up the oil and the stuff that was in there was as black as your hat which I guess explains the soot. Used SYNPOWER XL-III 5W-30 Valvoline as a top up. Plan to have the engine fully flushed through on next service. Also a bit more engine noise that I would have preferred, but I guess that's because I've only ever had petrol cars. One peculiarity is that I can only get km per hour on the digital display on the dash. Strange. Other than that I'm very pleased with it. Comand satnav was bang on everytime - even in some out of the way parts of Charente. Fully laden (four people, four bikes on rack, full large topbox and no room left in the boot for un petite wafer) and still got 30mpg.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I have an R Class - 320CDI Sport 08 plate. Purchased in June this year and immediately took it on a three week trip to France. All went well save for some soot deposits on our bike rack on the tow bar. Went to top up the oil and the stuff that was in there was as black as your hat which I guess explains the soot. Used SYNPOWER XL-III 5W-30 Valvoline as a top up. Plan to have the engine fully flushed through on next service. Also a bit more engine noise that I would have preferred, but I guess that's because I've only ever had petrol cars. One peculiarity is that I can only get km per hour on the digital display on the dash. Strange. Other than that I'm very pleased with it. Comand satnav was bang on everytime - even in some out of the way parts of Charente. Fully laden (four people, four bikes on rack, full large topbox and no room left in the boot for un petite wafer) and still got 30mpg.

Hello and welcome, :D:D you are required by law to display KM, nice cars and I am thinking about one

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)

Sooty exhausts are not unusual, especially in the models before the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) - mine has the same phenomenon, but I think it is preferable to the possible consequences of the DPF. So in one respect you are "future proofed".

The engine oil in a diesel will be "black as your hat" and that is normal too. I used to top mine up and thought it was using oil, but the trick is to let the level on the dipstick reside about 3/4 up from the lower end to the top of the range - don't fill it to the top or it will lose the excess somehow.

On Cruise Control you should get a mini speedo icon and digital mph and kph in the display - I tend to cruise at just under 2,000 rpm - which gives 120 kph/75 mph and at least 35 mpg. Given the amount of kit you were toting, 30 mpg sounds OK to me, and would do to most Land Rover owners.

I find ours is quiet when cruising, but inspection at the next service would reveal any minor exhaust defect.

I think they are cracking cars and I am delighted to hear that you enjoy (and appreciate) yours too.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom