Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
My last C320 didnt have one and the one outside now hasnt got one, cant remember seing a 203 with one!

If you look at the seats in the rear, its looks like is only for 2 people, the middle bit dont look to comfy!!

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
My last C320 didnt have one and the one outside now hasnt got one, cant remember seing a 203 with one!

If you look at the seats in the rear, its looks like is only for 2 people, the middle bit dont look to comfy!!

were they both sport spec though? ours (dads) is elegance spec. that might be the difference

OP
J

jennifer1424

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 Sport 1.8 Petrol
Thanks for all your input on this. Someone has told me that I can go to Halfords and get a lap belt fitted, not sure if this is true but will call them today

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Thanks for all your input on this. Someone has told me that I can go to Halfords and get a lap belt fitted, not sure if this is true but will call them today

Our W 203 has 3 lap/diagonal belts in the rear seat. If there is not a hidden belt, as Andy suggested, then I am pretty sure that fitting a lap strap should be easy.

We look forward to hearing how you get on!

OP
J

jennifer1424

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 Sport 1.8 Petrol
I checked with Halfords and they said that a qualified mechanic can only do this! I am gettin mixed answers from people some say no way! Some say its possible to do. Anyone know for sure?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
One could mount re enforcing plates on the tunnel but who would certify that they were OK, that is the hard question

OP
J

jennifer1424

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 Sport 1.8 Petrol
what a pain this is ha! I never thought this through properly when I got the car 3 years ago but as you said earlier I would rather sell one of the kids on ebay than my car ha ha :)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
what a pain this is ha! I never thought this through properly when I got the car 3 years ago but as you said earlier I would rather sell one of the kids on ebay than my car ha ha :)

You could have plates fitted in the tunnel,,but where does that leave me in the event of an accident. Many of us could do this very well,,it is just the if,s all unknown

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
I checked with Halfords and they said that a qualified mechanic can only do this! I am gettin mixed answers from people some say no way! Some say its possible to do. Anyone know for sure?

I would not be put off by that. I doubt if the person answering their telephone would know what the job entailed and I suspect that, for any safety related issue, they would want to put it in the hands of a competent person.

OP
J

jennifer1424

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 Sport 1.8 Petrol
Yeah I think I will call round a couple of garages and see if anyone can help.

Thanks

Jen

OP
J

jennifer1424

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 Sport 1.8 Petrol
I have been calling around some garages but no one seems to know much about this, can anyone help?

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
as far as im aware the mounting points will be there as it will be a standard shell regardless of the spec (unless AMG shells are unique, but not an issue with a c180) so a lap belt should be easy to retro fit. the 3rd 3 point belt in the middle of cars fitted with it, the upper mount is part of the seat, or at least is encased by it. there may be a retro fit available for this, i dont know. EVERY 203 ive looked in has had 3x3 point belts fitted, but, at the same time ALL have been avantgarde or elegance spec, not sport, so my guess is that the 3rd belt is deleted with sport spec. perhaps an elegance.avantgarde seat back, with belt (breakers or similar) recovered to match your trim may be the best way to go?

OP
J

jennifer1424

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 Sport 1.8 Petrol
Yes mine is a 202 model, I called a car breakers today and they said that they had a
C180 M reg in stock and I could get the lap belt from the back of that do you think it would be easy for me to get the lap belt installed into my car along with another clip to clip the belt in? The man at the car breakers said that there might not be enough room though to get the lap belt and another clip installed though??!! I am confused. I might have to sell the car and get another one with 3 seats in back as I have a new baby coming in 3 weeks and have 2 other kids aged 10 and 8! :( I did think it would be easy to get this fitted in the back with something like an adaptor or something but its proving to be really difficult! There is enough space for my 8 year old to sit in the middle seat but I am obviously reluctant to do this without the safety of a seat belt.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ah so its a 202, not a 203 as we thought. as already stated though the belt mountings will be there. the belt could be even! anyone competent with a socket set can remove the lap belt and clip from a scrap 202 and fit it to your 202

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
the thing that puzzles me is that if the car is a 2002 reg, as you said at the start of the thread, then that would make it a 203! can you check the vin number for us (in the little window, bottom left of the windscreen if you havent the v5 handy to look it up on) and see if it starts WDB202 or WDC203 please

OP
J

jennifer1424

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 Sport 1.8 Petrol
A few garages I called said cos of EU regulations this is unsafe to do this etc!! I dont see the issue personally but I did unclip the seat at the back and there defo aint no lap belt or clips :( I will go to the place in Paisley and get the lap belt from the M reg C180 and try get someone to fit it then see how I get on :)

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
does your car have quite square headlights?

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom