seemingly unfixable sprinter cdi fuelling fault..

cb003

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sprinter 311cdi
Same problems

Hi Steve I 've been the the lucky owner of a van with the same symptoms the van now sits outside my house as an exspensive shed! You may know the van as I bought it from a sales yard in Martock! Can you suggest the best way round testing my van for the for mentioned fault please! I'd be happy for you to take the job to completion as I also have wasted too much time trying to find the fault!!! Chris 07976644359 ASAP

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
Hi Chris, thats an old thread you have resurrected :) Why not give Steve a call and arrange for an inspection.

cb003

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sprinter 311cdi
Yea TA MATE JUST DID TODAY, PUT IT ALL BACK TOGETHER GOT THE VAN RUNNING FOR 2.4 FOR MILES AND THEN SOMEONE SWITCH THE LOVE OFF! AGAIN!!! The high pressure pump is coming off tomorrrow and if that don't show me reasons then it's on a trailer to Avantgarde!!!

SleepyC84

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 Mercedes Sprinter 208CDI
Sorry its not an actuator either, the part on the end of the fuel rail is an ecu controlled fuel pressure regulator.

Kenneth Mackenzie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 Sprinter CDI
Hi Guys, was this ever fixed. I have worked with diesel generators for 20 years and if the fuel is leaking all the way back to the tank then obviously you have an air leak somewhere. Okay, start from the in tank fuel pump upwards. The fuel filter, was the hose connections okay, not old and perorated? Replace them if old. I take it that it goes from the fuel filter to the fuel rail? Check all connections for weeping. If there is no sign of weeping, then one or more of the injectors is stuck partially open. This can cause more problems with back pressure.

mersum1es

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212/-09/350CDI, W219/-07/320CDI, EX:W220/-01/320CDI, EX:W211/-04/320CDI, EX:W210/-01/270CDI
Hi Guys, was this ever fixed. I have worked with diesel generators for 20 years and if the fuel is leaking all the way back to the tank then obviously you have an air leak somewhere. Okay, start from the in tank fuel pump upwards. The fuel filter, was the hose connections okay, not old and perorated? Replace them if old. I take it that it goes from the fuel filter to the fuel rail? Check all connections for weeping. If there is no sign of weeping, then one or more of the injectors is stuck partially open. This can cause more problems with back pressure.
Which engine?

mitch-one

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sprinter 311 cdi mwb
Trying to get some part numbers for fuel hoses, van wont run now, suspect air fuel system leak, hit me!
I realise it's a old thread baby :p Am in england
No diagnostics available it's a cluster cuck

Last edited:

mitch-one

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sprinter 311 cdi mwb
Trying to get some part numbers for fuel hoses, van wont run now, suspect air fuel system leak, hit me!
I realise it's a old thread baby :p Am in england
No diagnostics available it's a cluster cuck
Seriously now, where do you go for spare parts please?

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom