seems slower

deadman

Reaction score
my c220 cdi coupe 2002 recently appears to be slower in general,, its not to apparent but also my wife mentioned it also,,, it appears more leisurely and is more easy to stall usually on start up from cold ,,it runs well good on fuel and the cat was removed last year,, it also cruses at 80 plus with ease put some injector cleaner in but no difference,, i would estimate its down no more than 5 per cent so no big deal ,, but any one give me any pointers???

panason1c

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML270CDI, VW Polo 1.9tdi, BMW K1200RS
Sorry, cant help on your query but i am interested in whether you noticed any difference after the cat was removed..........more power?
Cheers

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Could the MAF be going down, that could cause the stalling and the slight fall off in performance

OP
D

deadman

Reaction score
would the MAF show as a fault code????? the decat made a small amount of difference but not that noticeable it flied through the mot last week

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Most MAF related faults show up as an O2 sensor, only because the O2 sensor has shifted to try and compensate

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
Sorry, cant help on your query but i am interested in whether you noticed any difference after the cat was removed..........more power?
Cheers

cat removal doesnt increase power at all. during normal driving you wont tell the difference. i had a petrol mondeo that was de catted so i speak from experience. only difference it made was that it revved a bit more freely at higher revs (5000rpm upwards in the case of the mondeo i had) but below that, it was no different at all!

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
my c220 cdi coupe 2002 recently appears to be slower in general,, its not to apparent but also my wife mentioned it also,,, it appears more leisurely and is more easy to stall usually on start up from cold ,,it runs well good on fuel and the cat was removed last year,, it also cruses at 80 plus with ease put some injector cleaner in but no difference,, i would estimate its down no more than 5 per cent so no big deal ,, but any one give me any pointers???

Mass air flow sensor £59 from MB Sell loads of em. I have one used but working for £20 inc P+P if interested. Email your address to jib@carrera2.co.uk

jib

Top Bottom