Selling the Merc.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Having tried a few local dealers with no great luck am thinking of selling to http//:webuyanycar.com Has anyone any experience, good or bad of selling this way ?

I have not sold a car this way, but entered my particulars for the S Class and received a quotation better than the "Trade" figures for the car.

The quotation they give includes the credit you get for any road tax remaining on the vehicle.

Hearsay is that, although that price is their estimate, they might chisel it a bit if, when they see the car, they can show that your description of it has been too generous.

It will be interesting to hear how you get on. Once their price is known to you, it may be that others on the Forum might find it attractive to better it (slightly)?

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
I heard the offer price is nothing like the actual price you get as they offer £xx for a perfect car, then discount every single fault no matter how small

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
I still think best way to sell a car is by Auto trader or Pistonhead as they have alot of viewers on daily basis.

Pistonhead use to be free and there is a small price to pay for autotrader but get lots of response and usually very good price for a private sale

OP
Splatt

Splatt

Reaction score
I heard the offer price is nothing like the actual price you get as they offer £xx for a perfect car, then discount every single fault no matter how small

Could be interesting, my car is a perfect car , even still has the mould swags on the tyres from manufacture. When I took the car to a dealers last week they commented they could not find a single thing to put on their survey sheet. Wonder what they will make of that ? goes in tomorrow.

e200stu

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 e 200 mercedes
i wont touch this company as prices far to low
best way to sell stick it on ebay with some great pics

TOMROB53

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 E320 2002 Estate W210
I sold my Grand Voyager to them, 74K and with transmission problem aircon not working, desler offered max £6600 webuyanycar offered £7700 over email, haggled a bit when they saw the car as it did not have satnav with a map on show settled for £7200, then got discount from trader when i bought my S Class.

Money was in my account within 2 days as well.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
See what they offer you. You never know but you have to assume that they're going to offer below bottom book (they're not a registered charity afaik). They have to move your car on through the tradee so they can't be offering good prices or they'd not make any money.
You may even get a similar or better price putting it through the block.
Id try autotrader, pistonheads and ebay - costs virtually nothing to advertise in them.

teabag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 W163 ML270 CDI
Having tried a few local dealers with no great luck am thinking of selling to http://www.webuyanycar.com . Has anyone any experience, good or bad of selling this way ?
4 months ago I was looking to sell my 51 plate E320Cdi Avantgarde (140K miles).

I entered the details into their website and they came back with an estimate of £1,450, this went in the bin and I put the car onto Autotrader asking £3,800 for it.

I agreed to a private sale 6 hours later and the guy travelled 280 miles with £3,250 cash in his pocket, the car disappeared into the night within 12 hours of placing the advert and I got £250 more than I actually wanted.

"Quid Pro Quo".:cool:

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
4 months ago I was looking to sell my 51 plate E320Cdi Avantgarde (140K miles).

the car disappeared into the night within 12 hours of placing the advert and I got £250 more than I actually wanted.

Ever felt that a new career beckons here? :cool:

landywood

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55amg
Hi all thay are part of the Carcraft group

Regards Mike

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Not really, I don't suit a sheepskin jacket and sunglasses

Being kerbside Motors is a great career, everyone looks up to them:rolleyes::rolleyes:

OP
Splatt

Splatt

Reaction score
OK , I did it , it`s gone !!:( Got knocked a few quid off but that was my own fault I missed a drop down box for year and it had gone to next year as default. Money in my bank prompt next day. (webuyanycar.com) Certainly better than any dealer offer . Might have got more as private sale but the sites are plauged with time wasters , thieves and screwballs it makes selling a reatively valuable car fraught .
The lower value cars they sell through their outlets but the more expensive go back into the trade. This one will probably be on MB Direct next weeek, will keep an eye out for it.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Funny, I just received a letter from my local dealer wanting to buy my car as they are short of decent used cars. I'd heard that prices had been rising but I've never had a letter like that from a dealer before. I spoke with them and they wanted me to contact them when I'm ready to change.

ncooper

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1984 Mercedes Benz 280 SL,1993 Mercedes Benz 190E Manual,1993 Mercedes Benz 190E Auto
This might explain it?

"Tighter margins, the influx of September 'plate-change' trade-ins, and the onset of a quieter sales period have contributed to the halt in trade price rises, following an increase of 30% for mainstream models during the last 12 months.
Alan Rushmore, Managing Editor at Glass's, said: 'The improvement in prices this year was largely due to the much lower level of used-car supply."

Regards,
Nick.

OP
Splatt

Splatt

Reaction score
I had similar from my MB Dealer, when I took the car along the deal was rubbish . Other dealers I tried the more I upped the trade in the less discount there was on the new vehicle.
This way I got a decent price for my car and unencumbered I was able to walk into a dealership and get 20% off a new :-
BrassMonkeys.gif

Last edited:

Razoo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 W211 E320 CDi Saloon
Funny, I just received a letter from my local dealer wanting to buy my car as they are short of decent used cars...<snip>

I've received two similar letters from the Jaguar Main Dealer in Reading who serviced my previous 2004, 3.0 litre X-Type Sport Premium Estate.

I threw the letters in the bin because I assumed that what they really wanted to do was sell me a new(er) Jag.

Fact is, this Jaguar was undoubtably the worst car I have ever owned. I suffered 8 months of continuous alarm faults and the worst clutch/gearbox I have ever encounterd. I was so glad to see the back of it and I sure ain't stoopid enough to buy another.

Razoo

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom