Sensors Rear and Front

WHUFC123

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class/2014/2.2
Hi guys

I now own an E- Class Saloon 2014 used to drive Audi's

However the sensors work, but the beep only starts making noise when the yellow dots turn red on sensor. which doesn't leave much room and my wife has already hit the bumper :(

Is there a way of turning on the sensors noise beeps when the sensor starts going to yellow dots, instead of when its virtually too late???

thanks guys

L John

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C350 Petrol Elegance
I think the idea is to reverse slowly using the mirrors and turning the head.
Beeps are a warning that you may be closer than you think.

If you hit something before being able to react to the beeps you're going too fast.

Just get her to slow down and use all visual aids e.g. mirrors and proximity LED's. Turn the radio off too as you should also be listening when reversing.

Royston59

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 CLS 350 CDI AMG Sport & 2014 C220 CDI AMG Sport edition (Wifeys)
Odd, don't you get an intermittent beep before the full on tone. I did on my last CLS and though I did on the current one....that said i cant say i have noticed, i will check again later.

Hopefully bumpers not damaged?

ATB

OP
W

WHUFC123

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class/2014/2.2
no intermittent beep like my audi, doesnt make sense to look at mirrors and sensor, bumper popped right out with some heat

L John

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C350 Petrol Elegance
no intermittent beep like my audi, doesnt make sense to look at mirrors and sensor, bumper popped right out with some heat

Mine shows ambers as I approach then beep beep on the first red and solid beep on second red.

Quite honestly I use the front LED's when moving out of a tight space but always use the rear camera (since fitted a few weeks after purchase) for the reversing so no need to watch the yellow LED's anymore for the rear.

I can see what you're saying as my van beeps from about 8 feet away but it doesn't have LED's.

Just a case of getting used to it as the LED's are there for a reason.
Or get a reversing camera fitted?

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom