Serious road incident in Stevenage

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
Different level of meet comparatively, a meet up with a few friends from the forum is not 60+ car event where they are known for “showing off”,

Wasn't trying to be argumentative :) it's just hard to know for an "organiser" where to draw the line. Most events like this will have grown from something smaller and more informal and probably way beyond the expectations or experience of the "organisers". Hopefully, everyone recovers and lessons will be learned.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Wasn't trying to be argumentative :) it's just hard to know for an "organiser" where to draw the line. Most events like this will have grown from something smaller and more informal and probably way beyond the expectations or experience of the "organisers". Hopefully, everyone recovers and lessons will be learned.
No worries no argument from me either, and yes possibly started out as something informal with just a few friends, I know at one point there was something similar in Nottingham, eventually grew into a Cruz around “the circuit”, it got bad at times but eventually the organisers got control and with help from the police made a good event on public roads, iirc even the police started playing and modded an ex traffic car.

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
Yes, the event was organised by the "Cruise Herts Club" not the ''Static Herts Club" as now claimed by the club organisers on private land they had no legal right to use AND the public highway and without providing due diligence with regards to the Health, Safety and Welfare of Exhibitors and visitors alike.
Who do you think should lose sleep and feel culpable for the night's carnage? 17 injured and two of them serious? We all have a Duty of Care in everything we do, especially when it comes to the Health and Safety of others. Shooting them should be taken metaphorically as indeed it was intended but I would suggest the parents, children and loved ones of the true victims of the events at Stevenage may think otherwise.

but the twat driving the blue car was on the public highway, driving dangerously. He and he alone is responsible for the carnage he created with his dangerous driving.

Cant find a legal entity registered under Cruise Herts Club, could you point me to to its registration details please. As these events have apparently been run for 17 years on a weekly basis there would be a record of the events and the legal entity organising them under the full knowledge of the local police who acknowledged the events on live TV yesterday.

Lots of questions to be asked of the failings of the authorities it would seem given the 17 years of weekly events that have been allowed to take place.

If we all have a Duty of Care in everything we do, does that extend to your public call , highlighted in red below? Doesn't read as a metaphor in the full comment. Or posting such a comment on a public forum is akin to posting a car meet, in your case do people bring guns and pitchforks?
As news of the tragedy is developing it appears it was an informal event held weekly in different public car park locations, no authorities were notified of the event. A bit like an illegal rave for car enthusiast, I'm even more convinced the organisers should be shot.
Are you a closet vigilante?

Tony Dyson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C 220 CDI W204 OM 651

1. but the twat driving the blue car was on the public highway, driving dangerously. He and he alone is responsible for the carnage he created with his dangerous driving. I don’t agree, both drivers made errors and The Organisers of the Cruise Herts meeting failed to provide any crowd or traffic control at a busy junction, which would have been identified as a shortfall had they submitted an Event Plan to the local council in the application for a license to hold the event.

2. Cant find a legal entity registered under Cruise Herts Club, could you point me to to its registration details please. As these events have apparently been run for 17 years on a weekly basis there would be a record of the events and the legal entity organising them under the full knowledge of the local police who acknowledged the events on live TV yesterday. No I cannot, 1, I’m not your secretary and 2, This is what the Organisers are calling themselves not I.

3. Lots of questions to be asked of the failings of the authorities it would seem given the 17 years of weekly events that have been allowed to take place. I agree and the town’s main Police Station is less than a mile away, Police Cars had to be passing most of the night!

4. If we all have a Duty of Care in everything we do, does that extend to your public call , highlighted in red below? Doesn't read as a metaphor in the full comment. Or posting such a comment on a public forum is akin to posting a car meet, in your case do people bring guns and pitchforks? Are you a closet vigilante? No, I’ve been overt in all my comments, but the thought is an entertaining one! I’d have a Ray Gun of course and a Beem-me-up-Scotty Communicator so I could transport into trouble spots and back out again when the job was done.

Just because the criminal idiots have got away with organising their previous illegal meetings on other people’s properties without mass injuries to the public in the past doesn’t relieve them of any culpability for their actions for Thursday Night’s Cruise Meeting and the terrible injuries to 17 innocent victims, time will tell who the authorities will attribute the blame to and my money is still resoundly on the meeting Organisers, Cruise Herts.

OP
flowrider

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
  1. but the twat driving the blue car was on the public highway, driving dangerously. He and he alone is responsible for the carnage he created with his dangerous driving. I don’t agree, both drivers made errors and The Organisers of the Cruise Herts meeting failed to provide any crowd or traffic control at a busy junction, which would have been identified as a shortfall had they submitted an Event Plan to the local council in the application for a license to hold the event.

2. Cant find a legal entity registered under Cruise Herts Club, could you point me to to its registration details please. As these events have apparently been run for 17 years on a weekly basis there would be a record of the events and the legal entity organising them under the full knowledge of the local police who acknowledged the events on live TV yesterday. No I cannot, 1, I’m not your secretary and 2, This is what the Organisers are calling themselves not I.

3. Lots of questions to be asked of the failings of the authorities it would seem given the 17 years of weekly events that have been allowed to take place. I agree and the town’s main Police Station is less than a mile away, Police Cars had to be passing most of the night!

4. If we all have a Duty of Care in everything we do, does that extend to your public call , highlighted in red below? Doesn't read as a metaphor in the full comment. Or posting such a comment on a public forum is akin to posting a car meet, in your case do people bring guns and pitchforks? Are you a closet vigilante? No, I’ve been overt in all my comments, but the thought is an entertaining one! I’d have a Ray Gun of course and a Beem-me-up-Scotty Communicator so I could transport into trouble spots and back out again when the job was done.

Just because the criminal idiots have got away with organising their previous illegal meetings on other people’s properties without mass injuries to the public in the past doesn’t relieve them of any culpability for their actions for Thursday Night’s Cruise Meeting and the terrible injuries to 17 innocent victims, time will tell who the authorities will attribute the blame to and my money is still resoundly on the meeting Organisers, Cruise Herts.
Tony, do you have some inside knowledge enabling you to make such statements? You seem pretty sure that the organisers basically did everything wrong and against the law.

fabes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E400 Coupe
Just to chip in, this was an accident waiting to happen, but an accident non the less.

The organiser had a static event and had that organised well (I understand) - whether this one was notified to the council is a mute point, ditto the retail park owner.
He is required to ensure there is safe ingress and egress to the site
If bellends decide to ignore or abuse the exit (albeit only with speed) that is not his problem.
He is not the police, albeit he can cease the event as he has if he has adequate concerns
IMHO he should have done so earlier as the exit behaviour was long established, so he could be deemed to be accepting / complicit......

PS Tony has a different view it seems and only an enforcement officer would stand up and state different (and be wrong)

Tony Dyson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C 220 CDI W204 OM 651
Tony, do you have some inside knowledge enabling you to make such statements? You seem pretty sure that the organisers basically did everything wrong and against the law.
Yes, I have been actively involved with the Licensing Applications for numerous Exhibitions and Green Field Events mainly in London and around the M25 Corridor during the late 90’s as a Technical Services provider to the events organisers, but surely people know there is a licensing procedure for any public event? This is surely common knowledge?
I have enclosed an Event Notification Form from Leeds CC FYIP, this is a pretty standard document nationwide, this is the first notification to the council of a proposed event and the formal Event Plan to include a H&S File, RAMS, Security, Crowd Control, Traffic Control etc, will be to follow then the council will share the application with all stakeholders for comment and recommendations, then the discussions will begin.

Attachments

• Event Notification Form.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom