Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2009 CLS 350 CDI Grand Edition
Mercedes-Benz
C180 Kompressor Auto Sport
2007 57
Registered 17/12/2007
A SERVICE (5th Year/5th Service)

I rang Mercedes-Benz Of Northampton for a quote on my C180 A service as they did me a fantastic quote last year which beat most indies and got fantastic service with a full free valet.

The time is coming soon as my service will be due in just over a months time as well as my MOT.

I am looking to sell the car next year and so really dont want to be spending too much (The car also needs its bodywork sorting, so money needed to be spent there also).

I was quoted for Oil & Oil Filter, £195 + £35 MOT. Standard price I thought. I then said I wanted a better price as it was just simple oil and filter.

I then rang Mercedes-Benz Of Milton Keynes (same group), who put me through to their bookings centre (whatever you call it) and was put through to a lady, who gave me the same price.

I tried to explain that it was still a bit too much and as my car was Full Mercedes History up till this point, I have been a loyal customer of Sytner Mercedes and was looking to change the car, so if they could do me a good deal.

She refused and then at that point tried to explain to me the great benefits of an official Mercedes workshop :lol:
Then I said a good independent would do as good a job if not better, as I have a good relationship with the independent in my area (Millenium Mercedes), she then told me it would not be a good idea as this could be bad for my car :lol::lol::lol:

I stopped her there at that point only to explain that on a 2 week college course I worked with the technicians at Sytner Mercedes-Benz Of Milton Keynes and I knew what went on in this 'fantastic workshop', she was not too happy about this and just replied with 'well Im afraid that is the best price I can do', to which I said, leave it then, she did not reply for about 5-10 seconds and then replied, Ok Mr. Abbas and so on.

Now to the main point of this long post.... I am changing the car early next year, it has Full Mercedes-Benz Service History, what would you do? And how much is a good price...

Thanks in advance

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
Well its been proven time and again that full dealer history does not really mean much when it comes to trade price, as long as its a FSH.

£195 (inc or + VAT) is a good price for a service at the dealer. I charge £150 inc VAT for a A Service and I dont negotiate on my prices as I believe they are the most competitive around and I use genuine parts and Mobil 1 oil. I dont think you will get it cheaper and to be fair to the dealer that is a good price and you wont get better.

Top Bottom