Service Brake - Visit Workshop

thistle1971

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S560 Coupe
hi all,

I have the dreaded message! I have had the front discs and pads done ( needed changing anyway) rears are fine, fluid also fine. Think it might be the SBC unit as it no longer primes when I open the door only when I touch the brake pedal. Read some threads on brake switch behind pedal, more info on how to change/check this would be great.

The car is a 52 plate E270 with 154k on the clock, not seen a dealer ( last time was the SBC recall) since 2006 but maintained regularly at local garage. Interested in views on what else it might be? and comments on the suggestion that MB may replace SBC units foc?!

I'm not normally lucky so expect it to be SBC and receive a refusal from MB!

Any help appreciated.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Pump under ten year warranty, if the pump has come to its limits then its covered,

Welcome to the forums!

nickcc101

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S203 C180 auto estate 2001 (sold)
Daughters partner had service brake warning light come on after the rear suspension bushes had been changed on his BMW. He had only fitted new pads a few weeks ago so suspected fault lay with BMW dealer. Turns out that they had damaged the rear pad wear sensors when removing the suspension. Could your fault be related to the pad sensors ?

124coupe

Reaction score
hi all,

I have the dreaded message! I have had the front discs and pads done ( needed changing anyway) rears are fine, fluid also fine. Think it might be the SBC unit as it no longer primes when I open the door only when I touch the brake pedal. Read some threads on brake switch behind pedal, more info on how to change/check this would be great.

The car is a 52 plate E270 with 154k on the clock, not seen a dealer ( last time was the SBC recall) since 2006 but maintained regularly at local garage. Interested in views on what else it might be? and comments on the suggestion that MB may replace SBC units foc?!

I'm not normally lucky so expect it to be SBC and receive a refusal from MB!

Any help appreciated.

It sits at the top of the brake pedal - there a little tag holding it in place - press this and then turn to release it. Not expensive....

There seems to have been some update activity that changes cluster messages re certain faults. In 2007 I had the service brake error and it was the fluid level. now the fluid level seems to generate a different message.

As you've been indie serviced, you might want to verify the fluid level as well as the stoplamp switch (as your code probably isn't fully up to date)..

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom