Service Care Plans

M-B Dave

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C216 CL500 2009 38k • W168 2001 104k
Main attraction of the Service Care Plan for me, particularly on the W168, is not having to guesstimate the service cost for the year: quite a few bits and pieces are coming up as due on a 13yr old car, e.g. last year on top of B service, I had spark plugs, fuel filter, cabin filter, brake fluid all done - easily double even indie's discounted, B service only, cost :cool:

mancman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC 250D
Hi, I've taken out a 3 service plan in which I've just had my 2nd service carried out, when my 3rd and final service is carried out can I then take out another service plan by which my car will be 6 years old.

parthiban

Reaction score
Our CLS just got booked in for it's service in a few weeks, it's only a minor that's due, and the price will be £492. It's due a major next year, which will be more, on past experience it'll be £700+.

However the dealership advised taking out the service care plan, which works out to £80/month for 12 months and this would cover both services.

Everything I've read would suggest that the plan is sound, but the numbers sound a bit too good to be true - is there a catch? Does it have some major exclusions?

daveyjp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B160 SE Blue Efficiency
I would be asking why a minor service on a CLS costs almost £500. Ask for a breakdown of the costs.

I suspect they are vastly inflating the price of individual services to make the monthly plan look 'good value'.

Last edited:

parthiban

Reaction score
I would be asking why a minor service on a CLS costs almost £500. Ask for a breakdown of the costs.

I suspect they are vastly inflating the price of individual services to make the monthly plan look 'good value'.

That's actually a good question, waiting for prices from my other local dealers at the moment to compare.

How much does it come up at using https://www.mymercedesservice.co.uk/home ?

I honestly didn't even know that existed, thanks! When I put my car's details in it gives me a price for the service plus an additional item of "Transmission 722.9" for an additional £265+VAT - does anyone know what that is?

The actual service is coming out at just under £260 for the cheapest though (Park Royal) so that's quite a saving!

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
I honestly didn't even know that existed, thanks! When I put my car's details in it gives me a price for the service plus an additional item of "Transmission 722.9" for an additional £265+VAT - does anyone know what that is?

It's ATF (auto transmission fluid) change. Required once, usually at 3yrs / 37500 miles, although the time and distance interval seems to vary a bit.

The actual service is coming out at just under £260 for the cheapest though (Park Royal) so that's quite a saving!

Check what the £492 you've been quoted includes - that can't possibly just be the service, it may well include the ATF change in which case it's not a terrible price these days.

How old is the car? It may be well worth it to go for the ServiceCare deal.

parthiban

Reaction score
You're absolutely right, completely my mistake understanding what was being done. The £492 includes the service, the transmission fluid change and an MOT so it's actually a very good price. But then the service care deal seems like good value anyway (the car is 9 years old now), especially if it includes next year's major so I will just go with that.

Thanks for your help.

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You're absolutely right, completely my mistake understanding what was being done. The £492 includes the service, the transmission fluid change and an MOT so it's actually a very good price. But then the service care deal seems like good value anyway (the car is 9 years old now), especially if it includes next year's major so I will just go with that.

Thanks for your help.

Hmmm...ATF change on a 9yr old car? Call me cynical, but I wonder if that requirement would go away if the car had ServiceCare?

What comes up when you put the car's details into the Electronic Service Sheet: http://lite.servicemercedes.co.uk/pc/pc_start.asp

parthiban

Reaction score
Apparently the ATF change is done at 37,500 miles (which our car has only just passed), the age is supposedly irrelevant.

It does actually show up on My Service and also on the service sheet that you linked:

Main Service
Service A
Service 3 - At each service
Change engine oil and filter
Service 6 - Every 37,500 miles/2 years
Replace combination filter - With code (581a) Automatic air conditioning
Rear axle: Perform oil change - With code (030) AMG Performance Package/With code (471),Mechanical locking differential.
Service 20 - Once at 37,500 miles
Change automatic transmission oil and filter (With transmission 722.9)

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Apparently the ATF change is done at 37,500 miles (which our car has only just passed), the age is supposedly irrelevant.

Oh, wow! - I never considered the mileage would be so low at 9yrs, I thought mine (approaching 70K was low).

I did think though, that there was a 3 or 4 year time on the ATF change, but maybe not.

parthiban

Reaction score
Oh, wow! - I never considered the mileage would be so low at 9yrs, I thought mine (approaching 70K was low).

I did think though, that there was a 3 or 4 year time on the ATF change, but maybe not.

Haha yes it is very low! Interestingly, the last year has been quite heavy on miles, this time last year the car only had 30k on the clock!

Funnily enough when it was raised I asked whether it should have been done earlier and they did confirm it is just a mileage requirement. However I do feel from a "good" maintenance perspective, it should probably be changed more regularly for cars like ours with exceptionally low mileage.

Pappilo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E200 CGI BlueEFFICIENCY Sport
@GottleibDaimler

I took out a service care plan in December and I have about 17 months left. I am thinking of selling the car and I would like to be able to transfer the remaining 2 services to the whoever buys it.

On the Mercedes website it says you can only do this if you paid in one go when you took out the plan. Can I call up and ask to pay whatever is due for the rest of the contract i.e. £54 x 17 and then be able to transfer the plan to a new owner?

Edit:

Just re-read your opening post and it looks like I may be able to pay a pro rata amount to settle the plan meaning I dont have to pay the full £54 x 17 if I sell the car... Is thgis correct?

Last edited:
OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes-Benz C220 Executive SE Coupé ('13)
  • Banned
You are correct, if you call up you can settle a blame which takes into account the number and scope of the service (s) you have not taken. They may try to charge you an early termination fee, but you can normally get around this if you take out a plan on your next vehicle.

john333

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class 2014
Hi GottleibDaimler,

My E class is just under a year old and I've been offered the service care plan at £30 a month. Was told I had to decide before the car is 12 month old or the first service - after either of which the car would not be considered new and I'll have to pay a higher premium.
I just wonder if this would be more cost effective as I don't do a lot of miles so in the next 3-4 years I most likely won't reach the mileage threshold when the gearbox service would become due.

Your advice is much appreciated.

P.S. Apologies if I should've started a new thread instead.

cass

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c63 amg
does anybody know what the service costs are for a c63 amg?

geraldrobins

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class/2011/200cdi

It does actually show up on My Service and also on the service sheet that you linked:

There seems to be confusion with this. M service sheet says change ATM once at 31000/3ears with 722.9 - NAG2, and is now shown in red. I have a service booked next week at 36000/3years but no mention of ATM change on quote or on online quote.
GottleibDaimler once quoted here, that its around 57000 on the BE models for an ATM change.
My service gives tells me an atm change is overdue but the online quotes or GD don't. Im confused!!!

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes-Benz C220 Executive SE Coupé ('13)
  • Banned
If it has eco start-stop technology, it has a newer low-friction NAG2+ FE box, and the interval is five years or 77,500 miles.

geraldrobins

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class/2011/200cdi
If it has eco start-stop technology, it has a newer low-friction NAG2+ FE box, and the interval is five years or 77,500 miles.

Thanks for this GD.
It does have stop start.

ESS is saying at 31000 with NAG-2 why is this. If I put the registration in then surely the information ought to be correct? Presumabl covering any changes such as the facelifted stop start.?

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom