Service History for a car from UAE

deejaybee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Now - W210 E320cdi
Has anyone ever tried to trace the service history for a car originally supplied in the United Arab Emirates? Not sure how to go about this or even if it is possible?

I am going to look at a '97 S500 today that was originaly sold through MB Dubai. It looks to be a good find so far from the information I have been given and the photos. It was kept by the original owner for 10 years and the second owner for the last 2 years. It is very high spec and also low miles at only 34k - looks like it was probably a chauffeur driven car, at least originally. There is some history for the last few years since 2006 to substantiate the current mileage, but no service book for when the car was in the UAE.

I will report back after I view car later today.

Dave

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
All you can get is the original order from here with the 17 figure VIN
http://old.mbclub.ru/mb/vin/?lng=eng

If the car has been serviced in the UK the dealer doing the work will have the info but does not have to pass that info on, and may not. Any dealer will have that car on their computer.

JEZ.S320L

Reaction score
Website
www.latorreonline.es
Your Mercedes
Lincoln Navigator and a S320L Business Edition
Has anyone ever tried to trace the service history for a car originally supplied in the United Arab Emirates? Not sure how to go about this or even if it is possible?

I am going to look at a '97 S500 today that was originaly sold through MB Dubai. It looks to be a good find so far from the information I have been given and the photos. It was kept by the original owner for 10 years and the second owner for the last 2 years. It is very high spec and also low miles at only 34k - looks like it was probably a chauffeur driven car, at least originally. There is some history for the last few years since 2006 to substantiate the current mileage, but no service book for when the car was in the UAE.

I will report back after I view car later today.

Dave

Importantly, check the tyre sidewalls for wear - they tend to do an awful lot of (very poor) 'drifting' out there :D

OP
D

deejaybee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Now - W210 E320cdi
Thanks for the replies.

I have pulled off the info from the russian website and this matches with the car. Also, it appears that it was imported directly to the UK from new via Dubai as a personal import. Not sure why, maybe a tax avoidance move for a UAE National?

I have had a first look at the car and it looks genuine. I will be going for a test drive on Saturday.

A have another question but I will start another thread.

thanks,

Dave

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Thanks for the replies.

I have pulled off the info from the russian website and this matches with the car. Also, it appears that it was imported directly to the UK from new via Dubai as a personal import. Not sure why, maybe a tax avoidance move for a UAE National?

I have had a first look at the car and it looks genuine. I will be going for a test drive on Saturday.

A have another question but I will start another thread.

thanks,

Dave

I am sure that this will not be the case for you, but I went to view an ex UAE "lightweight" military land rover (ex some big wigs body guard). I spotted elements of at least 3 different vehicles in the end product, and decided not to bother!

The advertising was impressive though ............

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom