Service plan - air filter

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
All filters 50% off at ECP today only, FLASH50. Got myself an oil filter as It's due a change in 2.5K. Tempted by air & pollen, but they are both less than a year old.
ive followed these offer links before , they usually aren't any cheaper than non sale prices at most other parts places

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
All filters 50% off at ECP today only, FLASH50. Got myself an oil filter as It's due a change in 2.5K. Tempted by air & pollen, but they are both less than a year old.
My air filter was done 20k ago, maybe I should order a set??

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
ive followed these offer links before , they usually aren't any cheaper than non sale prices at most other parts places
Often true, I always cross check the price & this time it was cheaper. Funny how 50% off at one site can be pricier than 10% off at another.:D:D In the past it's often been the other way around.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Often true, I always cross check the price & this time it was cheaper. Funny how 50% off at one site can be pricier than 10% off at another.:D:D In the past it's often been the other way around.
ECP for my filters are £50.74, sounds quite good. Still expensive for air filters :D

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
ECP for my filters are £50.74, sounds quite good. Still expensive for air filters :D

Likewise for both. ;)

An air filter for my Senators & Omega were pennies in comparison & took minutes to fit .... my R Class filters were a PITA and never seemed big enough :confused:

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Likewise for both. ;)

An air filter for my Senators & Omega were pennies in comparison & took minutes to fit .... my R Class filters were a PITA and never seemed big enough :confused:
Maybe they suck in so much air they need to be very special?

OP
E

Eddie fh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B class 2017 220d
Just check Euro , for mine there cheapest is £20 dearer for same brand of filter than my local trusted motor factors , both fram and blue print

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
I always change mine every 10k regardless of the "correct" interval. Dirty air filter means less mpg.

Mine was on the old ServicePlus scheme for the first 6 years of it's life and they were always very vague about what was done. When the plan expired they printed off all the invoices they'd sent to MB and there was no mention of the air filter being changed.

So they changed it, and it didn't make any difference to the MPG (which I tracked for work). It's possible they might have changed it earlier, but it wouldn't have been done anyway until the car was 4yrs old.

OP
E

Eddie fh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B class 2017 220d
Mine was on the old ServicePlus scheme for the first 6 years of it's life and they were always very vague about what was done. When the plan expired they printed off all the invoices they'd sent to MB and there was no mention of the air filter being changed.

So they changed it, and it didn't make any difference to the MPG (which I tracked for work). It's possible they might have changed it earlier, but it wouldn't have been done anyway until the car was 4yrs old.
Dosnt make any sense that they don’t change air filter but drop transmission oil and or brake fluid

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
The e320 air filter is a tube affair. That gets turned through 180 degrees at around 40k. So all in all 80k on 1 filter. They wouldnt not change it if it needed changed. Mb know their stuff. I was always of the mind set all filters at every service until i bought a merc.
Brake fluid soaks up water hence changed every 2 years.

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
Dosnt make any sense that they don’t change air filter but drop transmission oil and or brake fluid

They wouldn't change the ATF on mine under ServicePlus as the Electronic Service Sheet didn't call for it - on my model a 3yr / 37500mile change came in a couple of thousand VINs after mine was built. I did pay for it some time later.

Of all the things they do, the 2yr brake fluid change is a bit OTT. It's a 10 min job in a dealer that they can charge £100 for - I wonder how often it gets "missed". In the US it's routine to test it and change if necessary.

Mine is on variable servicing and I've never owned a car that's needed so little servicing.

I do recall reading they've changed the diesel filter change to 3yrs now (maybe only on new models?) - so perhaps the air filter interval has changed too.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom