Servicing a W203 C220 in Nottingham

youspurs1

Reaction score
I have owned my first merc for just over a month now, and am very happy with it.
My display tells me that I need an 'A' service in 5000 miles, which means I have roughly 4 months to find somewhere that I can trust.
The car is just over 3 years old and has been MB serviced to date.
I'm not bothered about MD history from now, just want a good job done, at a fair price.
Can anyone recommend MB-NOTTINGHAM?(www.mbnottingham.co.uk) The prices seem reasonable.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I have owned my first merc for just over a month now, and am very happy with it.
My display tells me that I need an 'A' service in 5000 miles, which means I have roughly 4 months to find somewhere that I can trust.
The car is just over 3 years old and has been MB serviced to date.
I'm not bothered about MD history from now, just want a good job done, at a fair price.
Can anyone recommend MB-NOTTINGHAM?(www.mbnottingham.co.uk) The prices seem reasonable.

I would stick with MB service for another couple of years, just in case. You can negotiate a good price these days

stu1765

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E240 Elegance 1998
Hi

I have used MB-Nottingham for 2 years and have generally been impressed.

However I did not start using a "Indie" until my car was 5 years old.

Just can't justify main dealer rates now as my barge is is now 11 y/o ............

Stu

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hi

I have used MB-Nottingham for 2 years and have generally been impressed.

However I did not start using a "Indie" until my car was 5 years old.

Just can't justify main dealer rates now as my barge is is now 11 y/o ............

Stu

Have to agree 5-6 years and there is no point in wasting money

Scooby Don't

Reaction score
Good luck with the Merc. I have been running a 2002 C270 for the best part of four years now and it's covered 110k. I have stuck with MB dealerships for servicing although they are very expensive. Still, the car covers around 15k between services so, provided you don't have too many faults, it doesn't work out too bad. If I need repairs I take it to Mercserve in Notts (New Basford). They're top guys and have done me proud in the past so I can recommend them.

In fact it might be heading there next week as I noticed a strange 'ticking' noise coming from low down on the offside of the engine bay when I got home tonight. Sounds like a bearing collapsing.

EGBM

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS 320 CDI
Hi youspurs, I came across this offer the other day, it might be of interest - Mertrux in Derby are currently offering fixed price services. Taking the CLS as an example an A Service is £215 (a C Class is £199), a B Service is £335 (C Class is £295) all inc VAT.

Obviously extended service items (eg spark plugs) are extra.

In terms or recommending Mertrux it maybe worth a search on these forums. They're an approved MB maintainer though I think they're now part of the Inchcape group rather than being truly independent. I was in there getting new tyres, which incidentally were cheaper than internet traders such as etyres and blackcircles, and while I was there they did all necessary warranty upgrades on the engine management unit and Comand. Seemed good service to me.

Last edited:

Scooby Don't

Reaction score
I have used Mertrux in Derby on a number of occasions for routine servicing and I agree with EGBM they have been very obliging and helpful. I don't think they are much cheaper than the Merc main dealer although they always ring and tell you about any problems they find and get your permission to sort them out before proceeding.
More importantly they don't treat you as a second class citizen if you decide not to proceed which is more than be said for the main agent.
Using Mertrux for servicing and Mercserve for repairs seems to keep costs in check (well it has for me).
And the rattle from the front end of the engine bay of the C270 has mysteriously disappeared.....

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom